2022 Summer Internship | Information Technology / CyberSecurity (ETP)
Who we are looking for: December 2022 or May 2023 graduates
Dates of Summer Internship: May 23rd – August 5th, 2022
Internship Location: Dallas, TX
As an Intern with our ETP, you’ll work in a variety of teams within ETP including but not limited to: Architecture & Integration, Business Relationship Management, Governance and Project Management, Solution Delivery, Infrastructure, CyberSecurity and Enterprise Data Management to gain knowledge and understanding of information technology’s role in the wine and spirits distribution industry. The structured internship is designed to expose students to the wine and spirits Three-Tier beverage distribution system and the role technology plays to enable business capabilities. Interns will finish the program having gained a broad experience in various aspects of the relationship between IT, sales and operations. Part of the experience will include supporting projects as assigned and defined by student’s specific learning goals, participating in training, on-site meetings, and department wide learning opportunities as available. Lastly, interns will complete an end of internship project showcasing one’s knowledge and present to management.
- Reside in the vicinity of the internship or have ability to obtain housing.
- Must be a minimum Junior in college and graduating the following year, pursuing a degree in: Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) and/or comparable from an, accredited university
- Technical: Engineering, or Computer Science and/or comparable from an accredited university
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to work with others to accomplish tasks, assignments and projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to expresses ideas clearly and effectively when speaking and/or writing to individuals or groups; listens attentively; ensures that information is understood by all parties; and shares information in a timely manner.
- Ability to accurately and carefully follow established procedures for completing work tasks.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities with an appropriate sense of what is most important and plan with an appropriate and realistic sense of the time demand involved.
- Ability to work through ambiguity in order to maintain momentum and achieve progress.
- Demonstrate respect and value contributions of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.