Sovos Brands is looking for someone to do product development, and will be creating and delivering Innovation, Productivity, and Continuous Improvement programs. The role is part of our Dinners and Sauces R&D team focusing on core research, product development, and innovation results for Rao’s Homemade, the fastest growing brand in COS delivering restaurant quality meals at home and Michael Angelo’s, the most preferred Italian frozen entree brand amongst families. Core products include Pasta Sauces, Pasta, Soups, Italian Frozen Entrees, and a pipeline of new ideas readied to expand the brand into new categories and Gross Margin Expansion. The role is a go-to product developer for our Brand Management Team, Supply Chain Partners, and a part of our R&D center of excellence. The Scientist will:
- Develop and commercialize differentiated new products supporting the values of unrivaled quality, creativity and innovation, and speed to market across core brands, existing pipeline, and innovation platforms
- Advance the business through technical excellence ensuring all aspects meet or exceed the quality and product performance requirements within a managed timeline and cost objective
- Work with the BU to mitigate input costs, enhance margins through joined up cost leadership
- Influence and support internal teams, external stakeholders, and programs and equally able to roll up sleeves to deliver great work and engage at all levels and functions of organization
- Be tightly connected and a key contributor to the broader Sovos Brands Organization
- Successful candidates will possess a proven ability to develop great tasting products with technical points of difference that provide sustainable competitive insulation. And demonstrate a strong ability to interpret regulatory compliance standards and to set the manufacturing processes and procedures that assure design and conformance to a quality specification.
The role is a balance of hands-on product development, research sciences, and innovation leadership and includes applying knowledge of tomato processing, thermal processing and formulation sciences to deliver consistent and great tasting product experiences. The role develops products for Rao’s and Michal Angelo’s and other Sovos Brands from Concept to Commercialization. The Scientist will:
- Create and develop new products, rapid prototype, and establish a robust growth pipeline
- Deliver great tasting differentiated products through robust design, sensory, consumer methods
- Build capabilities in core sciences and applications to assure industry leading excellence in innovation across Soups and Italian based Frozen Entrees
- Scale-up and commercialization across our supply network
- Define specifications and quality controls to assure robust manufacturing and finished good quality
- Build a positive culture and inspire high performance ways of working
- B.S. in Food Science or Engineering with experience formulating products requiring in thermal processing and frozen temperatures.
- 5 years of Product Innovation, Value Generation, and Commercialization, preferably in soup, sauce, condiments, and frozen entrees
- Experienced Organic/NGP development and developing products for targeted nutritional profiles
- Competency in formulation, ingredient technology, sensory sciences, and industrialization
- Experienced application of consumer, analytical and physical testing methodologies
- Knowledge and know-how leveraging supplier innovation, technical applications, and resources
- Successfully executed innovation programs from idea to implementation, completing the research and business case to drive the change
- M.S. Food Science or Engineering with focus in frozen and shelf stable meals and condiments
- A mix of career experience across R&D, Quality, and culinary sciences
- Strong technical development skills, judgment and understanding of
Sovos Brands is a food company with a mission to acquire and build one-of-a-kind brands. We’re dedicated to bringing today’s consumers delicious food for joyful living. We invest in brands that have exciting growth potential, combining industry expertise with fresh thinking to bring our products into more homes across America.
The brands in our portfolio include Rao’s Homemade, a producer of premium pasta sauces, soups, frozen entrées and pasta; noosa, a producer of premium yoghurt made with whole milk and wildflower North American honey; Birch Benders, a fast-growing producer of delicious, better-for-you pancake and waffle mixes, toaster waffles, and pancake and baking cups; and Michael Angelo’s, a leading producer of authentic frozen Italian entrées. Sovos has the experience of an industry leader, and the financial backing of Advent International, one of the world’s largest private equity firms.
Find out more about Sovos Brands at www.sovosbrands.com, Rao’s Homemade at www.raos.com, noosa at www.noosayoghurt.com, Birch Benders at www.birchbenders.com; and Michael Angelo’s at www.michaelangelos.com.
We offer attractive compensation packages based upon background and experience. Package includes base salary, incentive bonus, medical benefits, 401K, and PTO. We maintain a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All candidates offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test. We participate in E-Verify. Sovos Brands is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Sovos Brands is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.