BASIC FUNCTION: Drive, park and retrieve customer cars in a safe and courteous manner and assist customers in and out of their vehicle. Valet Attendants play a crucial role in making sure all customers are given a professional, courteous and timely valet service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for being at work every scheduled day, on time
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance and arrive and remain in complete uniform before and during scheduled shifts
- Inspect each vehicle before taking possession and mark tickets of findings
- Inform customers of valet rate
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to Supervisors, the Facility Manager and/or the Senior Manager
- Have a thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the lot to be able to provide customer directions to customers to various locations in the area, if needed
- Respond to customer questions in a prompt and courteous manner
- Observe all traffic laws and safe driving practices
- Assist Supervisors and Managers with additional duties, as assigned
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience Required: Less than High School education or one month related experience, training or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior valet driving experience preferred.
License Requirement: The employee will be required to have and maintain a valid state driver’s license with a current address and acceptable driving record. Ability to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission (stick shift) a plus.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location’s hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company.
Customer Service Skills: Ability to effectively respond positively to customer problems or complaints.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, two digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money.
Appearance: Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times.
Other Attributes: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but standard written or oral instructions. Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to handle cash and equipment. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
SP+ is an equal opportunity employer committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability or other classes protected by federal or state law. SP+ does not tolerate harassment of or retaliation against any employee or applicant on the basis of these characteristics, or because the individual exercised his or her EEO rights.
Hours of operation is 7 days a week 6am to 10pm