Are you ready to get some hands-on experience with an amazing team? Sparklight is looking for a Social Media Specialist Intern for the fall session. You will spend 12 weeks learning about our Digital Sales Fulfillment team, working with our fulfillment and sales teams to create effective digital campaigns for clients.
Who is Sparklight?
Sparklight is a leading broadband communications provider and part of the Cable One family of brands, which serves more than 900,000 residential and business customers in 21 states. Sparklight provides consumers with a wide array of connectivity and entertainment services, including high-speed internet and advanced Wi-Fi solutions, cable television and phone service. Sparklight Business provides scalable and cost-effective products for businesses ranging in size from small to mid-market, in addition to enterprise, wholesale and carrier customers.
At Sparklight we keep our customers and associates connected to what matters most. For our associates, that means: a thriving and rewarding career, respect for the communities where they live and work, a focus on health and wellness, an excellent work/life balance, and an open and inclusive workplace.
We also believe associate satisfaction is the key to customer satisfaction. Sparklight fosters a close-knit culture that is visionary, collaborative, and innovative. We are proud to have been voted by Cable World magazine as one of the 5 best places to work in cable television. By listening to and caring about our associates, we know they are listening to and caring about our customers.
Sparklight is committed to strengthening and improving the communities we serve, not only through our products and services, but through our support of local community and non-profit agencies, events, and initiatives. Sparklight associates are passionate about giving back to the communities in which they live and work, volunteering year-round to raise money for or support causes which will benefit the community.
As Sparklight grows, we will continue to provide our customers with the latest products and technical advancements, while maintaining the highest level of reliability and customer care. We recognize that we have a responsibility to our customers and the communities where we do business, and we will continue to ensure that we are the kind of company that our communities are proud to call a neighbor.
What you will do
- Collaborate with the digital fulfillment team to create effective Social Media campaigns for clients
- Learn to work with current platforms for SEO and SMM such as Yext and Sprout
- Participate in client calls and correspondence as we report campaign effectiveness and make adjustments as needed to improve performance
- Participate in ongoing training of sales staff on products comprising social media (Facebook, Linkedin, Instagram, etc)
- Enrolled in an associates or undergraduate degree program
- Must have strong creative skills and superb writing abilities
- Knowledge of Social Media products
- Top-notch communication skills
- Excitement to learn and prepare yourself for your upcoming career!
What you will gain:
- On-the-job training working with both the fulfillment team and sales team
- Hands-on experience with various platforms for Social Media Management and SEO
- Knowledge of day-to-day operations in an advertising business with a focus on digital sales
- A collaborative space to work with and interact with Sparklight’s fulfillment and sales teams
- Opportunities to discuss goals, career, and education in a one-to-one setting
Internship duration and schedule: part-time; 12 weeks.
Diversity lies in the communities we serve and among the associates who dedicate themselves to ensure our continued success. At Cable One and our family of companies, we believe it is our individual and unique talents, backgrounds, and perspectives that, when combined, truly make us an unstoppable force. “Stronger Together” is not just a verbal cue, it is the motto that our associates live by, exemplify and embody each and every day. Cable One provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals of different races, colors, creeds, national origins, genders, marital and veteran statuses.