Springdale Job Corps Center, a Technical Training School nestled amid the trees at the mouth of the Columbia River Gorge. We are looking to grow our teams with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for creating the best experience for our students!
The Nurse performs duties concerned with the care of the sick and injured, prevention of illness, and promotion of good health, in compliance with Government and management directives. This position is part time .8 FTE benefited position.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Coordinate medical care and treatment for students by providing information on how to access health care and provide referral to health care providers.
- Provide extensive health and wellness education and information so that students become responsible health consumers.
- Render first aid treatment and assist physician in treating serious accidents or illnesses.
- Treat minor injuries and illnesses according to treatment guidelines and maintain student health records.
- Collect urine and blood specimens using appropriate techniques, including universal precautions and personal protective equipment.
- Prepare and administer specified medications and drugs and assist in developing programs to prevent or control diseases and accidents.
- Monitor students with chronic care management.
- Conduct designated health services special programs as assigned.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Maintain positive and effective relations with students. Provide guidance for students to achieve a positive attitude and proper behavior in the dormitory living situation, and to accomplish their goals and objectives.
- Promote the development of career success standards through modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students, monitoring student skill acquisition and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Maintaining confidentiality and display ethical behavior.
- Supervising and managing students.
- Developing rapport and positive working relationships with all departments.
- Maintaining professional appearance and work presentation.
- Working as a member of a team of individuals working toward a common goal
- Successfully completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Recommending medical separation of medical issues which impact the training mission.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- An active, unrestricted LPN or RN licensed with two years’ experience dealing directly with youth.
- Valid state driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must have the ability to successfully pass a background check.
- Must possess and maintain CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must have experience in drawing blood.
- Associate /Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience within a residential youth program.
- Computer proficient.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders and descendants, and Alaska Native/American Indian applicants to the full extent allowed by law. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law.
Job Type: Part-time