The Applied Research section of the Biosciences Division is looking for a committed and enthusiastic scientist to join our team as a Research Associate in Organic Chemistry. The chemist will have the opportunity to contribute to a range of projects including drug discovery projects, process development and scale up, chemistry automation, and high-throughput synthesis. Our team routinely collaborates with experts from related disciplines including biologists, physicists, chemical and mechanical engineers, computer scientists, and software developers.
The Research Associate’s primary responsibility will be the synthesis and characterization of novel compounds for internal programs and with external partners. The RA will be asked to keep diligent laboratory records, participate in project meetings, and assist in maintenance of laboratory equipment.The RA will be expected to work well as part of a team of multidisciplinary scientists and engineers.
- B.S. or M.S. in organic chemistry with practical training and experience (0-2 years of industrial or graduate experience) in synthetic organic chemistry
- Familiarity with modern synthetic methods, chromatographic purification techniques, and spectroscopic methods for compound identification is required
- Understanding with instrumentation and automation is highly desirable.
- Ability to search the chemical literature, design experiments, and communicate effectively are desirable
- This position has potential be hired in a Research Associate II level, which would require 2+ years of industrial experience in synthetic organic chemistry
Other Requirements : –U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
SRI is committed to creating and celebrating a diverse workplace that recognizes and values differences, and reflects the communities where our employees live and where our clients operate. This includes valuing differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, body type/physical appearance, disability/differently abled and work styles, or any other legally protected category.