Kubick Aviation Services, Inc. seeks an Avionics Technician to join their growing team in Kingsford, Michigan. This position repairs, services and inspects aircraft and related components.
- Perform maintenance, troubleshoots to determine malfunctions, and tests/inspects aircraft avionics components & electrical systems such as: airborne navigation/communication systems, weather radar, autopilot, compass systems, and accessories in accordance with manufacturing specifications and FAA guidelines.
- Repairs/overhauls/modifies aircraft communication components, navigation components, autopilot and other electrical system components and accessories to specifications.
- Uses all mandated safety equipment and complies with all safety requirements in accordance with company and government regulations and guidelines.
- Completes checklists, forms and reports, as required, in accordance with the company, government, and FAA regulations and guidelines.
- Responsible for keeping work area clean, safe and orderly at all times.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $23 – $28 per hour with ample opportunity to advance based on your knowledge, experience and contributions to the team in addition to a monthly wellness stipend, SIMPLE IRA retirement plan, life insurance, accidental death benefit, vision insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, YMCA membership & company provided apparel.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- 2-year degree or certification in avionics maintenance, a directly related field, or equivalent military training, or 3 years’ experience in the field of avionics maintenance.
- FCC General Radiotelephone License, a bonus.
- Experience with Cessna 550/560 Conquest and Citation aircraft, a bonus.
- Keen troubleshooting skills and working knowledge of aircraft component repair, avionics maintenance, electric/electrical test equipment and understanding of FAA maintenance terminology/regulations.
- Ability to interpret drawings, specifications and schematics of aircraft/electric components.
- Ability to follow safe work practices, proper lifting techniques & wear protective equipment.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, crawl, twist and reach; lift objects above head; work in tight spaces; lift of up to 50 pounds, as needed.
- A professional manner at all times with excellent communication skills.
- Possess an impeccable attendance record, exceptional work ethic and exemplary time management skills.
- Ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at kubickaviation.hirescore.com