The Iron County Medical Care Facility (ICMCF) seeks full-time and part-time Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) to join their team in Crystal Falls, Michigan.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT.
- Provide professional and quality nursing care to residents.
- Follow instructions and care plans for residents.
- Assist residents during admission, with daily care and transfer including lifting, turning, repositioning and with ambulation.
- Give baths (partial, bed, whirlpool), shampoo, set hair, clean/cut fingernails and toenails; brush teeth, shave, and give oral care; give enemas and suppositories.
- Make beds; empty and disinfect bedpans, commodes, urinals and wastebaskets.
- Collect urine, stool and sputum specimens.
- Record weight and height.
- Participate in staff/resident teaching and in-service programs, as needed.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $15.85 per hour with increase to $16.33 after 6 months PLUS a $2,000 sign-on bonus (after one year of employment). In addition, the position offers medical, dental, vision, pension plan, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid sick time, short-term disability insurance, life insurance, uniform allowance, shift differentials, and pay incentives for perfect attendance and picking up additional shifts. Hours worked in excess of 8 consecutive hours are paid at time and one-half.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS THE CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT.
- Successful completion of Michigan or Wisconsin State licensed nurse aide training and competency evaluation program.
- Inclusion on the Michigan Nurse Aide Registry within 4 months of hire, required.
- No flags against applicant’s name on any State Registry.
- Previous experience in hospital, skilled nursing or other related medical facility preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust and competence amongst peers and patients.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
- Willingness to perform a variety of simple repetitive tasks of which may involve unpleasant conditions.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at icmcf.hirescore.com