The Catholic Diocese of Marquette seeks a part-time Ecclesiastical Notary to join their team in Marquette, MI. As an Ecclesiastical Notary, you will provide secretarial/clerical support to the Judicial Vicar and serve as a Notary in the Tribunal (20-25 hours per week).
The ideal candidate has the ability to maintain confidentiality as well as to be appointed as an Ecclesiastical Notary as stipulated by canon law (i.e. a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church).
- Provide receptionist services for the Tribunal and record clear, accurate messages.
- Provide secretarial/clerical support for the Judicial Vicar.
- Maintain Tribunal hard copy filing system.
- Maintain records for the Tribunal Office in Tribunal record books.
- Maintain oversight and administrative processing of Formal Matrimonial Cases.
- Update the MS Excel Tribunal case tracking system.
- Transcribe recorded testimony as needed.
- Post outgoing Tribunal mail, including those items for which certified services must be obtained.
- Assist the Judicial Vicar with other matrimonial cases and canonical processes as requested.
- Be present at judicial interviews and authenticate documents.
- Assist with special projects (i.e. planning provincial workshops, etc.).
- Maintain the newspaper’s archives and arrange for annual binding of the year’s past issues, as well as any back issues in coordination with the director.
- Assist advertisers and subscribers with questions and reconciliation of accounts.
- Other duties as needed.
WAGE/BENEFITS The Catholic Diocese of Marquette puts great value in the Ecclesiastical Notary position by offering $15 – $20/hour, as well as benefits.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- High school degree or equivalent
- Ability to be appointed as an Ecclesiastical Notary as stipulated by canon law (practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church).
- Basic knowledge of Catholic theology concerning marriage.
- Strong skills in computers, telephone, and other various technologies.
- Demonstrated skills in spelling/grammar and office equipment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Must maintain a high level of office confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, self-direct, and organize/arrange priorities.
If you accept the call, please apply at diocese.hirescore.com
No walk-ins or phone calls, please.
ABOUT The Diocese of Marquette: United in Word and Sacrament and in communion with the universal Catholic Church, witness to and proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ for all people in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Learn more at http://www.dioceseofmarquette.org