Kubick Aviation Services, Inc. seeks a Line Service Technician to join their team in Kingsford, Michigan.
Airport Line Technicians have many job responsibilities, but their main goal is to provide safe, efficient friendly services to our customers and care for aircraft. This position interacts with airport staff, security officers and patrons to make sure everything is safe and secure for departures and arrivals.
We are looking for someone interested in learning and advancing within this position. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are interested in a stable career, and have a friendly personality, we want to hear from you!
- Guide, tow, park, greet and organize arriving/departing aircraft from airport gate or ramp.
- Tow planes to appropriate flight areas, gates and hangars.
- Able to direct pilots using appropriate aviation hand signals.
- Monitor fuel levels/maintain fuel inventories assuring aircraft fuel orders are filled for each flight.
- Ensure fuel trucks are stocked & prepared to distribute fuel, perform control checks to assure fueling is handled safely and efficiently, and report any visible damage to aircraft.
- Assist with upkeep of hangars/airport grounds (litter-free, clean, safe, organized, de-ice walkways and aircraft).
- Maintain aircraft hangars so planes can be parked/stored overnight or for longer time periods.
- Immediately report suspicious activity in terminals to security including unattended baggage.
- Exceptional customer service with an ability to converse with our clients in a friendly and welcoming manner is an absolute requirement in this position. Line Technicians make patrons feel safe and comfortable at all times. Line Techs handle luggage, provide transportation between gates/terminals, give patrons directions, interact with lobby attendants, converse with pilots/greet passengers who are entering or exiting terminals.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting wage of $15 – $18 per hour with ample opportunity to advance based on your knowledge, experience and contributions to the team. Position offers a monthly wellness stipend, SIMPLE IRA retirement plan, life insurance, accidental death benefit, vision insurance, paid vacation, paid holidays, YMCA membership and company provided apparel.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Experience working in an aviation environment, a bonus.
- Keen troubleshooting skills and an eye for detail.
- Ability to follow safe work practices, proper lifting techniques and wear protective equipment.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, crawl, twist, and reach; lift objects above head; work in tight spaces; lift of up to 50 pounds, as needed.
- A professional manner at all times with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Impeccable attendance record, strong work ethic and exemplary time management skills.
- Ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at kubickaviation.hirescore.com