The Dickinson County Healthcare System seeks full-time and part-time Medical Technologists and Medical Lab Technicians (MT/MLT) in Iron Mountain, Michigan. $3,500-$5,000 sign-on bonus!
These positions perform procedures in the laboratory including routine testing, quality control, routine maintenance of instrumentation, and troubleshooting. The MT/MLT develops, performs, evaluates, interprets, correlates, and validates the accuracy of lab procedures and results ensuring all regulatory requirements are met. Testing procedures are performed on a variety of biological specimens using manual or automated techniques, following practices and regulations governing biosafety and biosecurity in the workplace. These require a broad exercise of independent judgment and responsibility, including organizing and setting priorities with minimal technical supervision. The work performed is in a variety of laboratory disciplines such as chemistry, microbiology, immunology, hematology, and immunohematology.
- Perform clinical lab procedures of moderate to high complexity in accord with established procedures; record results accurately.
- Perform, document and evaluate quality control.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting on a variety of lab instruments.
- Recognize abnormal results and apply appropriate judgement (i.e. evaluate pre-analytical and analytical variables prior to releasing results).
- Reports panic values according to protocol.
- Keeps current with changing technology, attendings continuing education, reads industry literature/procedures/product information to maintain knowledge and professional acumen.
- Provides leadership and direction for special projects or workload, as assigned.
- Maintain effective, appropriate and professional communication with hospital staff and care providers at all times.
- Serve as Lead or Senior Technician as assigned.
WAGE/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $19.33 – $36.15 per hour based on education, certification and experience plus a sign-on bonus ($5,000 for full-time; $3,500 for part-time). Position offers medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, paid time off (sick, vacation) and life insurance.
- Full-time MT/MLT: generally works a night schedule of 8pm-6am with 7 shifts on/7shifts off.
- Part-time MT/MLT: works shifts as assigned; participates in the weekend and holiday rotation schedule.
MINIMUM AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS.
- Associate’s Degree or higher in medical technology, medical laboratory science, clinical laboratory science or in a related science (e.g., laboratory sciences such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, microbiology, immunology, etc.).
- MLT or MT Certification through the ASCP, or eligibility to become certified.
- 1-year clinical experience preferred.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to physically and mentally carry out the functions of this position.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a professional demeanor that ensures trust, competence and compassion amongst team members.
- Ability to successfully pass a pre-hire drug screening and background check.
SOUND LIKE YOU? Take the next step and apply online at dchs.hirescore.com