TriMedia Environmental & Engineering seeks a qualified full-time Staff Health and Safety Professional to join their Health and Safety Team in Lake Orion, MI at their Metro Detroit Office. As a Staff Health and Safety Professional, you will be responsible for working independently to evaluate, troubleshoot, and develop solutions for workplace hazards. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter that is capable of working without supervision.
TriMedia provides our clients with world-class service and our staff a positive-growth environment. With hundreds of new projects every year, the successful candidate will gain significant experience in diverse job settings.
- Evaluate workplace Health and Safety exposures for a wide variety of clients across the country.
- Trouble-shoot, research, and implement solutions for client-based workplace health and safety hazards.
- Prepare equipment and conduct sampling for industrial hygiene surveys.
- Observe work activities that can contribute to exposures.
- Accurately document field observations and interactions.
- Apply appropriate calculation methods for chemical and noise exposure assessments.
- Ensure principles of personal protective equipment and clothing are followed at all times.
- Draft reports that are clear, concise, grammatically correct, technically competent, and ready for senior review.
- Other duties as necessary.
COMPENSATION TriMedia Environmental & Engineering puts great value in the Staff Health and Safety Professional position by offering a salary of $45,000 – $65,000 based on knowledge and experience, as well as an excellent compensation package.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- B.S. in Occupational Safety and Health Science or related engineering disciplines required.
- Minimum 2 years experience OR Master’s Degree in Industrial Hygiene/Occupational Health.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and MIOSHA regulations.
- Ability to perform exposure assessments, safety inspections, field oversight, incident investigations, and develop health and safety plans.
- Experience assessing workplace safety, a plus.
- Existing regulatory certifications (e.g. asbestos, lead, OSHA), a plus.
- Some experience planning and developing field assessments, a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on providing customer service.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions on own.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel, local and regional, up to 50%.
- Good technical writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite.)
APPLY ONLINE AT trimedia.hirescore.com
No walk-ins or calls, please!
About TriMedia Environmental and Engineering
Established in 1995, TriMedia provides a full range of services including industrial hygiene, environmental, health and safety, ergonomics, land surveying, and geographic information systems (GIS) services. The professional staff at TriMedia is comprised of Certified Industrial Hygienists, Licensed Asbestos Inspectors, Certified Safety Professionals, Licensed Professional Surveyors, Licensed Drone Pilots, Compliance Specialists, Professional Engineers, and technical and administrative support staff. We continue to serve public, private, educational, mining, railroad, government, industrial, commercial, utility, and manufacturing organizations throughout the Midwest and North America. Learn more at www.trimediaee.com