OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
This is an Outside B2B Sales role with paid training giving you a foundation for success. Join our B2B Sales Team and provide hands-on consultative recommendations to regional customers.
What you’ll be doing:
This position offers comprehensive, new hire training and an accelerated path to build a successful sales career. You will start as a B2B Sales Associate, where you will participate in instructor-led and on-the-job training for two months, learning about the company, products we sell and developing sales skills you’ll need to ensure you are successful. You will then use your newly acquired skills to work within a defined territory to prospect for and set your own appointments with potential business customers, develop new accounts, and further expand our customer base. After several successful months as B2B Sales Associate, you will be on your way to your first promotion with Staples!
As you transition from a B2B Sales Associate to a B2B Sales Consultant, you will continue to prospect potential customers, working with a team of sales support and product category experts to ensure all customer needs are met. Success will be measured (and commissions paid!) for the attainment of weekly sales activity and quota goals, including metrics for phone calls, emails, meetings, wins, and sales quota. In the B2B Sales Consultant role, you may be working with internal and external customers virtually, in person or both, depending upon the current environment of your market.
After a successful first year in role, you will have the opportunity to participate in additional career development programs that will offer exposure and growth opportunities to prepare you for advanced selling or leadership positions within Staples!
Check out Riley’s career path story, from a B2B Sales Consultant to the Vice President of Furniture Solutions!
What you bring to the table
- A knack for identifying customer’s challenges and needs to provide solutions, products or services that will help them
- A collaborative mindset to bring ideas and solutions together ensuring successful customer outcomes
- An inclusive nature that seeks common ground, listens to others and advocates for the best solutions for the customer
- You set and reach goals, raising the bar each time
- You seek new ways to add value and identify growth opportunities for the business
Qualifications – External
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications
- Ability to travel within your territory (personal transportation is required; however, car and cell phone allowance is provided)
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications
- 1-3 years sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Industry knowledge
- Proven time management skills to well accommodate multiple customer appointments and completion of administrative tasks
- You succeed in an incentive structured position
- Salary plus commission
- Monthly car/cell phone allowance
- On the job, paid New Hire Training
- Best-in-Class Sales Methodology Training
- Additional Incentive and Recognition for Top Performers
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups and resources such as the Social Justice Reform Center
- Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays), Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
- We now provide solutions for everyone. Go behind the scenes and see how we Unveiled The New Staples.