STAR Autism Support is looking for a contract Spanish Translator to help us make our curriculum more accessible by translating content from English to Spanish. If you are inspired by the chance to make a difference by working to make special education better for both students and teachers, please apply.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
Schedule: Flexible, between 20-40 weekly
Compensation: $25.00 per hour
Type: Part Time, Full Time, Contract (indefinite)
Location: United States, Fully Remote
- Participate in the cycle of curriculum development by editing, proofreading, and translating written content from English to Spanish.
- When translating, use everyday language which can be understood by children at various ages and educational levels.
- Work with our training and creative teams to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Review curriculum materials and provide suggestions for improvement to project lead.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English (reading, writing)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have access to a functional computer and internet
- An interest or experience in the education field is preferred, but not required
Who we are
STAR Autism Support (SAS) is a family-owned educational consulting company based in Portland, OR. SAS provides curriculum materials, workshops and training to school and agency staff who work with students with autism and other developmental disabilities. Our unique and practical approach provides school districts with curriculum resources and a continuum of professional development activities to address the educational needs of student’s early childhood through post-secondary throughout the country and internationally.
At SAS our goal is to cultivate a supportive, positive and welcoming work environment where all staff can successfully thrive. We value and celebrate equity, diversity, and inclusion. Our vision of equity includes a continuous commitment to becoming an antiracist, multicultural organization. We strive to provide all employees with a culture of curiosity and continued learning. Our company values are listed below:
- Use innovative, evidenced-based, culturally responsive strategies to positively impact our stakeholders including students with autism and educators.
- Practice professional and personal accountability, adaptability, and respect for others.
- Maintain sustainable growth and long-term partnerships with our stakeholders in order to provide equitable services to all.
The perks of working with us
Not only are you helping do good in the world, but you will be joining a team of passionate and exceptional people within a casual environment.
We are a proudly Equal Opportunity Employer. STAR Autism Support (SAS) is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). We celebrate the differences that make each person unique, both at work and in the communities we serve. Using evidence-based practices we strive every day to make positive educational outcomes accessible to all students and educators. This commitment is also foundational to our company culture. We acknowledge that research shows that Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC) and women are significantly less likely to apply for some positions, believing they must meet every qualification as described in the job description. At STAR Autism Support, we value representation, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We know that sometimes that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described in the job description.