Starship Technologies is revolutionizing deliveries with autonomous robots. The robots are designed to deliver food, groceries and packages across college campuses and neighborhoods in minutes. Our delivery robots have completed over 1 million autonomous deliveries to date, traveled 2.5 million miles, crossed over 17 million roads and met millions of people in cities around the world. Our contribution to the society includes reducing congestion and pollution, zero emissions deliveries, increasing the quality of life for residents, empowering seniors and disabled people and enabling affordable delivery for local businesses. Every day our delivery robots are completing thousands of autonomous deliveries across tens of cities and 5 countries around the world. We’re hitting records on an almost weekly basis. Now is a very exciting time to join as we grow rapidly around the world!
We are looking for dynamic, customer service oriented team members to join our operations. The position of a Robotic Customer Experience Associate requires you to help run the daily operations of an innovative food delivery service. The environment will be similar to a fast-paced restaurant, however you will be in a cutting edge technological environment as you will be working with our innovative robots. Associates will execute start of day and end of day sanitation and charging of the robot fleet, support our robots throughout the shift, troubleshoot unexpected situations that might arise during the course of a delivery, and work effectively as a team to ensure exceptional results in the delivery service from vendors to customers.
- Oversee the robots and all aspects of the delivery service in real-time
- Log and report any issues to relevant teams within the company
- Transport the robot to delivery areas and retrieve them at the end of the shift (including some occasional lifting)
- Observing robots remotely and being ready to assist in unexpected situations
- Delivering assistance to the robots or the restaurants by traveling on bike or foot
- Maintaining professional composure in social situations with customers and vendors
- Acting as a public ambassador and representative for Starship
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
- Responsibilities deriving from Annual Growth Discussions, OKRs and similar set forth by manager, team as well as other interdependent teams
- Participation in trainings set forth by the Employer
- Supporting, training, guiding and substituting employees as determined by Employer within the limits of the Employee’s liability and competence
- Other responsibilities in accordance with instructions from the Employer
- Responsibilities that apply to all other employees at Starship Technologies with people responsibility including people hiring, onboarding, retention, development, salary review, offboarding and similar.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Excited to be part of something totally new and inspirational
- Responsible, reliable and calm in all situations
- Independent, ready to take initiative in unexpected situations
- Able to articulate and comfortable talking to strangers on the streets
- A quick thinker with the ability to resolve non-standard situations in a busy environment
- Able to go outside and assist robots in any weather
- Excellent in spoken and written communication in English
- Comfortable around electronics especially with troubleshooting electronic devices
- Prior experience as a barista, server, waiter, runner, restaurant crew member, and other FOH restaurant jobs is a plus
Education and Professional Experience:
- Experience working in restaurants and/or retails preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Office work
- Speech and hearing ability must be at the level to receive and reply to average conversations and exchange of ideas accurately and fast.
- Visual ability must be ordinary at the necessary level to inspect documents, machinery and systems related to the job.
- Movement ability to frequent usage of wrists, hands and finger dexterity to movements such as constant typing, as well full-body exertion while wrangling the robot fleet.
- Occasional lifting of items with weight up to 70 lbs
- Comfortable riding a bicycle on various terrain
Why should you join Starship? We offer:
- Summers off! This is a seasonal role! Having a seasonal position gives you flexibility to take time off during our off season in the summer months of May through July.
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding company.
- Chance to be part of a potential next unicorn company!
Ready to join our Starship fleet? Apply today!
Job Type: Part-time with flexible hours
Only candidates who send resumes will be considered.
Please include your availability when applying. Early application is encouraged.
Check out our website to find out more about us: