Startup Grind (https://www.startupgrind.com/) is the world’s largest entrepreneur network with over 2 million members across 600 cities in over 125 countries.
The South Florida entrepreneurial ecosystem, spearheaded by Miami, has been steadily increasing in size, diversity and opportunities while ranking in the top categories for the past few years. It is currently experiencing explosive growth due to the recent remote tech worker, venture funds and local government increased interest among many other factors.
Startup Grind Fort Lauderdale (https://www.startupgrind.com/ft-lauderdale) has been active since 2015 and has been a dynamic member of the South Florida community, helping connect resources and local entrepreneurs as well as helping build a thriving local ecosystem.
The Fort Lauderdale chapter is also very involved in local and regional activities and projects to support the local entrepreneurial ecosystem with the help of local partners, local chapters and global organizations such as Techstars, Startup Boost, TedX, Founder Institute and many others.
Applicants may be offered opportunities to broaden and deepen their experience by collaborating on projects involving events for the chapter, local incubators, accelerators etc.
There are also opportunities to participate in training programs, meet high profile leaders while attending local, global events or conferences such as the Startup Grind Global held in San Francisco every February.
This position is ideal for candidates who:
- Have a passion for entrepreneurship, startups, tech, events, people
- Are looking to gain real, significant experience in event management, event marketing, social media management, entrepreneurship, financing/funding, startups,
- Enjoy being a connector and helping people
- Want to develop a strong professional network in entrepreneurship, banking, venture capital on a global level
- Help manage all social channels (LinkedIn, IG, FB, SC, Meetup, etc.)
- Coordinate with partners
- Coordinate with sponsors
- Help booking speakers
- Help manage event/program marketing campaign
- Help manage event/program public relations campaign
- Assist in day-of event management
- Some event management experience
- No formal experience is required
- Specific events and social media management processes will be taught
- 10 hours a week available
- Reliable access to the internet
We’re hosting weekly intern orientations on Thursdays from 1:30 to 2:30pm EST in 15 minute increments. Calendly link is provided below: https://calendly.com/southfloridastartup/intern-volunteer-orientation