We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Are you ready to join the industry leader? State Farm is looking for passionate IT students to join our Summer Internship Program! The Enterprise Technology department is involved in exploring new and emerging technologies. This program will offer you hands-on work along with real-world research and development opportunities. State Farm continues to refine and expand the use of technology for employees, agents, and customers. You will have the opportunity to influence change and help us deliver on our mission to protect State Farm and its policyholders. As a top Fortune 50 company, we hire the best – we cannot wait for you to join our team!
What You Can Expect:
- The internship will occur between May 23, 2022 – August 5, 2022
- If you are applying to this REQ, you must be willing to work in Richardson, TX. Selected interns will be expected to relocate to Richardson, TX for the duration of the summer internship.
- Selected interns will work 38.75 hours/week
- Qualified and competitive candidates will be invited to participate in the interview process, with selected candidates progressing through two rounds of interviewing.
We Are Looking For The Following:
- Current college students only (Students who apply MUST be returning to school for at least one semester after the summer internship)
- Majors – Information Systems/IT or equivalent majors including but not limited to Computer Science, Engineering, Cybersecurity, Statistics, Informatics, & Data related majors.
- Drive and initiative to lead and affect positive change
- Leadership skills through extracurricular and professional endeavors
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, both in-person and virtual
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- A can-do attitude, and someone who loves to have a bit of fun!
- The ability to work in an environment that emphasizes information sharing, collaboration, teamwork, mutual respect, and integrity.
Seeking candidates with experience in Object oriented programming (Java, Python, C++, etc.), mobile development (iOS/Android), web development, data and/or database (SQL, MySQL, etc.), or AWS.
Assigned roles MAY include:
- Software Developer: Experience with Java, Python, C++, AWS, API development, Node.js, Terraform, iOS development (Xcode and Swift), Android development (Kotlin), Angular, etc.
- Data Analyst: Experience with databases, SQL, AWS, Terraform, Qlikview/QlikSense, Tableau, Python, PySpark, etc.
****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity*****