Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we’ve evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability, and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
- Meaningful work that will challenge you and contribute to Steelcase
- Learning opportunities and exposure to different areas of IT
- Exposure to non-traditional resources and state of the art technologies
- Professional and personal growth opportunities
- Working for a global company
- Exposure to executive leadership
- Mentoring opportunities
- Opportunities to collaborate with other interns
- Welcoming environment that is open to your ideas
What you will be doing:
- Take a complex problem and break it down into actionable steps
- Collaborate with other interns in a group project
- Work on multi-functional global teams
- You will own individual projects while collaborating with teams
Technology you may work with:
- SAP = ERP tool
- Cloud technologies
- Various development languages and environments
- Visual Studio / Azure Dev Ops
- VB.NET / C# / C++
- Front End Technologies
- And Others
Who are you:
- Do you love an engaging and collaborative work environment?
- Do you like working with people and using your technical skills to tackle business problems?
- Are you a logical thinker?
- Do you have a passion for learning and developing soft and technical skills?
- Are you Teachable, Coachable, and Adaptable?
- Do you like to communicate technical ideas across to various levels of understanding?
- Knowledge and applied experience with a structured programming language
- Open to all years of education
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in a technical or analytical program (CS, IS, MIS, Engineering, Data Science, or others)
Your Future Team:
We believe you will love our new workspace as much as we do! The IT organization is made up of 600 employees, has numerous young professionals and is a valuable part of the corporate strategy.
During the summer you will join a group of about 20 students with ample opportunities to network and be exposed to a variety of functions within IT. You will be placed on a real team within the organization and work on real work in that teams backlog. Some possibilities include: Product Illustration, Dev Ops, Tech Ops, Manufacturing Applications, and Product Data Technologies. Additionally, you will receive mentoring by a team of senior level IT analysts who are dedicated to building an amazing summer experience for you.
We are highly engaged with business users and we believe you’ll thrive in our agile environment.
FYI: We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workforce, and we’re always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else are all invited to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.