Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we’ve evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
We believe you will enjoy coming to work because we work hard, have fun, and make you feel part of the team.
This person will be responsible for engaging with the project team, coordinating cross-functionally on project tasks, and proactively executing assigned tasks or problem-solving activities to meet committed dates. This is an opportunity to dive into a hands-on experience with the complete project management process.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in the strategic SCO governance process and work well with director and VP level leaders as they prioritize, initiate, and support active projects.
What you will be doing:
You’ll lead projects from initiation through execution. These projects are strategic in nature and typically have a high degree of scope, complexity and risk.
Art and science-based approaches will be utilized to lead cross-functional teams through the project management process to achieve desired goals and objectives.
You’ll learn from project managers how to compile, analyze, and communicate detailed project objectives and requirements in terms of function and performance and leads the team to success.
Additional projects may include:
- Assist with defining project charters
- Develop project timelines
- Supervise project budget(s)
- Lead risk management
- Communication planning
- Compiles master project plan
Who You Are:
- Are you passionate about building positive relationships with all levels of employees?
- Are you able to prioritize tasks and balance multiple projects at the same time?
- Are you curious, eager to learn about project planning and open to trying new things?
- Are you proactive and enjoy working with little supervision?
- Do you get energized over the idea of empowering diverse project teams?
- Working toward a Bachelors Degree in a supply chain or project management related field preferred.
- Experience leading the successful completion of medium and large scale projects.
- Introductory knowledge of project management process
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workforce, and we’re always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else is all encouraged to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.