Who we are:
Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we’ve evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
Why people choose to work with us:
We believe your fresh opinion will bring excellent value in redefining our business. We are confident you will enjoy coming to work because we work hard, have fun, and make you feel part of the team.
This role will focus on two primary areas: the strategic analysis of supply chain improvements and supporting the Localization & Insourcing project manager on strategic SCO projects.
SCO projects will be broad in scope and complexity ranging from long distance supply chain optimization projects to executing complex supplier to Steelcase insourcing efforts. This person will be responsible for engaging with the project team, coordinating cross-functionally on project tasks, and proactively executing assigned tasks or problem-solving activities to meet committed dates. This is an opportunity to dive into a hands-on experience with the complete project management process.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in the strategic SCO governance process and work well with director and VP level leaders as they prioritize, initiate, and support active projects.
What you will be doing:
The key project will be a strategic assessment of a product’s international supply chain design to analyze and propose a project(s) to optimize its cost, risk, complexity and/or ability to meet customer expectations. Research and analysis on this project will develop connections with leaders across operations, product marketing, and product development.
The proposed project(s) will be presented to the SCO governance leaders for feedback and approval to execute. This work will have a tangible impact on Steelcase’s ability to perform at its best!
Who You Are:
- Are you someone who doesn’t settle for the way things are, but always seeks opportunities to improve?
- Are you the kind of curious person who wonders, “why is it done this way?”?
- Do you have excellent written and verbal communication skills?
- Are you able to prioritize tasks and balance multiple projects at the same time?
- Do you believe you are good problem solver and use solid reasoning?
- Working toward a Bachelors Degree in a supply chain or project management related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of professional or leadership experience.
- Experience owning the successful completion of medium and large scale projects
- Authorized to work in the US without future need of sponsorship
We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workforce, and we’re always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else is all encouraged to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.