Are you interested in learning more about sales, technical marketing, and product development? How about all this through a leading chemical manufacturing company located just 30 minutes North of Chicago?
The rotational internship program will introduce you to the following functions within Stepan Surfactants division:
• Marketing Management
• Sales and Sales Management
• Research & Development / Product Development
You will learn the various roles and responsibilities of each department and why they are vital to the current success and continued growth of our company. In turn, you will be given special project assignments in which you will use your skills, systems, tools, and strategies learned in each department to prepare a final research report and presentation to Stepan Management.
Your key activities and experience developed with this internship include:
• Learn key chemistries and apply this knowledge to help evolve market strategies
• Market research support (Competitive Portfolio Assessments, Euromonitor data and trends, Mintel data and trends, technical papers)
• Participate in R&D lab projects to support projects and market research
Successful interns are highly encouraged to apply for our Stepan Sales Trainee Program or other open positions within the organization upon graduation.
• Solid interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal & written)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Powerpoint
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a highly collaborative team environment
• Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
Duration of Assignment: 10-12 weeks
Candidates pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry with a minor in Business, Economics, Finance, Sales, Management or Marketing.
Established in 1932, Stepan Company is a major manufacturer of basic and intermediate chemicals including surfactants, polymers, as well as specialty ingredients that go into consumer, household, and institutional products such as laundry detergents, shampoos, and surface cleaners. Stepan Company currently has 20 global manufacturing locations and over 2,000 employees. We have a strong record of growth. Our growth allows us to provide meaningful career opportunities and stability to our team members. We have big goals at Stepan and know every team member will be crucial to achieving our objectives. Regardless of function, we are looking for team members who bring with them a growth mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to thrive in an evolving environment.
We celebrate diversity at Stepan and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.