The SnowSports Guest Services Representative serves as a sales and desk cashier, public relations, guest service professional, and also as a representative of Sun Valley Resort. He/She works as a member of an interdependent team dedicated to creating the best possible environment for taking and teaching a ski or snowboard lesson. The Reservation Attendant works not only with students, but with all guests and other employees, fulfilling the guest service orientation of Sun Valley Resort, both on and off the job.
Mid November – End of season (End of March-Mid April, dependent on snow)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Recognizes that service is our product and helping guests have great vacations is our primary job.
- Has a working knowledge of computers and telephone.
- Sells SnowSports Department and lift ticket products.
- Performs cashiering duties: pick up bank, enter accurate transactions into computer, complete accurate check out, assist supervisor, etc.
- Helps guide guests to the right product for them in a timely manner.
- Makes appointments and coordinates private lessons per supervisor instructions.
- Keeps desk area clean, neat and well stocked with supplies.
- Maintains accurate knowledge of all programs and rates.
- Offers information to guests in SnowSports Department, mountain and surrounding area and serves as a public relations representative for Sun Valley Resort, both on and off the job.
- Greets and assists guests in a friendly, helpful, respectful manner.
- Remembers that a smile and a friendly, helping hand can make a guest’s vacation.
- Reads and complies with the Sun Valley Employee Handbook and Ski/Snowboard Procedures, including grooming, dress and behavioral standards.
- Appreciates that teamwork is essential for the success of the guests, SnowSports Department and Resort.
- Cooperates with all Resort employees and co-workers in the performance of their duties.
- Maintains good humor and a cooperative attitude in all dealings with guests, co-workers and supervisors.
- Performs other jobs and responsibilities as assigned.
Criteria for Evaluation (Performance Standards)
The SnowSports Reservation Desk Attendant is evaluated on performance of duties, communication skills, level of guest service, attitude, attendance and punctuality, attire and grooming, initiative, guest comments, relations with co-workers and guests, professionalism and mature judgement.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and “people” skills.
- Must love working with people.
- Must be adaptable and willing to learn, grow and improve.
- Must maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm on the job and be able to complete all transactions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours under stress, sometimes with difficult people, and maintain a cheerful, professional attitude.
- Must be willing to work holidays and busy periods without burnout or moodiness.
- Must be a team player.