Surface Optics Corporation is an engineering and manufacturing firm headquartered in San Diego, California, specializing in optical property characterization and associated technologies. Since 1977, SOC has provided optical property measurement services and manufactured reflectometer instrumentation for our military, industrial, and university customers. Capabilities include coatings and pigments for thermal and signature control, precision optical measurement services, reflectometers, spectral imaging systems and custom engineering services.
Front Desk & Contracts Administrator
Summary: The Front Desk & Contracts Administrator works under the guidance of and assists the Contracts Manager in cradle to grave contract administration conforming to principles of accounting and regulatory requirements. This position also includes facility security and reception job duties. All duties and responsibilities are performed according to SOC policies and procedures. This position is required to work in the office daily during normal business hours and have consistent and continuous communication with the Contracts Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to process contracts from order creation to contract closeout
- Review of Terms and Conditions for proposals and new orders to ensure company exposure to unfavorable terms are minimized
- Receive in-house legal counsel approval
- Ensure contract compliance such as terms, export regulations, etc.
- Maintain all formalized records of contractual agreements and correspondence
- Correspond with customers and negotiate terms to comply with company standards
- Provide acceptance of orders to customers after all terms are agreeable
- Script and submit modification requests and other regulatory required correspondence
- Quote and bid preparation
- Enter new orders into software systems and create job # and file
- Utilize the contracts management tracking system for delivery dates, required reports, funding, POP, and other necessary information to stay in compliance
- Work with program managers to maintain compliance on all contracts
- Timely close-out of contracts
- Responsible for professional and accurate correspondence with Government contracting officials
- Maintain legal documents and routinely evaluate – consulting agreement, NDA, etc…
- Assist Contracts Manager with other contract related duties such as budgets or financial actuals and variance reports
- Answers telephone, screen and direct calls.
- Takes and relays messages.
- Provides information to callers.
- Greet persons entering SOC, validate identity and obtain identification items required for security purposes.
- Directs persons to correct destination.
- Deals with general queries from the public and customers.
- Ensures knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization, maintains company calendar.
- General administrative, accounting and clerical support.
- Organizes and maintain front office.
- Receives and sorts incoming and outgoing mail.
- Shipping and receiving duties for all the departments, following Accounting policy and procedures.
- Performs three-way match of PO, receiving document, and invoice for accounting. Receives approval on invoices when necessary.
- Files vendor documents and uploads electronically to the accounting document management system.
- Coordinates/orders lunch for meetings, reserves meeting rooms.
- Maintain all security websites
- JPAS (closing at end of March)
- DISS (replacing JPAS)
- SWFT (fingerprinting)
- NCAISS (AFSO and FVC)
- STEPP (Educational classes)
- Monitor all cleared personnel for required Periodic Reinvestigations (through e-QIP). Initiate new investigations as necessary.
- Prepare for Yearly inspections
- Complete paperwork, submit to IS Rep, participate in inspection
- Paperwork includes KMP (key mgt personnel), classified contracts, classified holdings, cleared personnel, etc.
- Prepare yearly Self-Inspections (May)
- Complete paperwork, document in NCAISS, correct any deficiencies found.
- Maintain all classified Document control records (sending and receiving).
- Maintain all classified Visit records (incoming and outgoing).
- Maintain all cleared personnel records (separate folders).
- Perform required yearly education (January – rebriefing, and June – insider threat) and document in personnel folders.
- Any other security training throughout the year.
- Complete recommended training from DSS as required. Document participation in personnel folder.
- Mandatory attendance at ‘all-hands’ SOC safety, security, and HR meetings
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.