Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, the Licensed Vocational Nurse assists in the nursing process by instructing patients and care givers in self care and providing basic nursing care and participates with the other facility team members to provide optimal patient care and efficient patient flow, taking into consideration the population specific needs for patients of all stages of life.
Graduate of an Accredited School of Vocational Nursing
Current Licensure in the State of California Required
• Minimum of 1 year experience, preferably in Ambulatory care
• Demonstrates knowledge and interpersonal skills necessary to tactfully interact with diverse health professionals, physicians, and patients.
• Knowledge of recommended peri-anesthesia standards/ practices and infection control.
• Current knowledge regarding equipment utilized in the PACU
• Working knowledge of applicable regulations and standards.
• Demonstrated skills in written and verbal communications, functional supervision/ delegation and human relations is required
• Must be a flexible, creative individual who is open to change along with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Requires the ability to operate and trouble-shoot PACU equipment.
• Computer skills are required
Organization:Sutter Outpatient Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours:8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled:Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Full Time