Developmental Agronomic Service Representative
Requisition Number: 18030738
Do you want to be part of the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture dedicated to enhancing the prosperity of farmers, wherever they are? As a market leader in crop protection products, Syngenta develops and produces fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, and seed treatment products that promote strong and healthy plants.
We are excited to announce our newly launched Agronomy Development Program! This is a field-based role with locations throughout the US.
The Agronomy Development Program is an elite 18-month experiential learning opportunity comprised of three unique and meaningful professional assignments. As a Developmental Agronomic Service Representative, you will spend approximately 6 months with our Technical Services team and 6 months in the field working closely with our sales and agronomy teams in support of our grower customers. For your third rotation, you will choose from a few different options aligned to your strengths and career ambition. These may include Digital Ag, Seedcare or Field Research.
What Will You be Doing?
- Developing proficiency in proper product use recommendations, product features and benefits, pest identification, scouting, and application timing
- Partnering with sales teams to position Syngenta on the farm for an improved customer experience
- Developing and managing distributor, retailer, and grower relationships and attending customer meetings to deepen understanding of customer needs
- Building a network of professionals for learning, career development, and collaboration opportunities
- Learning all aspects of the trialing process: trial placement, protocol development, implementation, monitoring, data collection, data analysis, storytelling with data
- Incorporating digital technologies (i.e. digital imagery, drones, yield mapping) into data capture and solutions
Who Are We Looking For?
Our ideal candidates have excelled in an advanced degree program with a specialization in plant or crop science and have relevant seasonal ag industry experience in sales, research or agronomy. You will have demonstrated a strong commitment to agriculture in your academic career, enthusiastically taken on leadership opportunities in your extracurricular activities, and you are driven by a sincere passion and natural curiosity for science, crop protection products, advocacy, and storytelling.
- MS or PhD (Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 graduates) in Agronomy or related field
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- A valid drivers license
- Relocation may be required
- Travel requirements, 10 to 40%
What’s in it for You?
We have some of the best Agronomists in the industry and recognize that we need a robust talent pipeline as our business, our customers, and our product portfolio evolves. This role offers you a unique opportunity to grow and develop your capabilities while giving you exposure to diverse experiences in different geographic locations. You’ll gain broad business exposure, meaningful and challenging work and an understanding of career opportunities available at Syngenta that relate to your passion for the science behind our products. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be respected for your technical acumen and you will excel at providing superior agronomic expertise to our customers, qualifying you for a variety of roles within Syngenta. Plus:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)