sySTEMic flow is seeking a remote Curriculum and Instruction Specialist to join our team. Under the support and supervision of the CEO, the Curriculum and Instruction Specialist will develop high quality educational materials for our Calculus Curriculum that apply to high school and college entry-level math classes.
sySTEMic flow is developing a new Calculus Curriculum that aims to (1) enhance student learning through a student-centered pedagogical approach, (2) support students and teachers in developing positive math identities, (3) demonstrates the beauty and applicability of math, and (4) builds on an inclusive classroom community that celebrates diversity and racial equity.
The Curriculum and Instruction Specialist is passionate about disrupting systems that have often neglected to serve underserved communities. Through a racial and gender equity lens, this person will want to increase and enhance educational access and tools for students of color and schools that support communities of color.
• Design and facilitate learning experiences aligned to the Common Core State Standards – Mathematics
• Conduct research, prepare, draft, and edit math curriculum content
• Collaborate with cross-functional product development teams on development and revisions of resources
• Contribute to crafting a representative equitable product that supports traditionally undeserved communities
• Creating visually attractive copywriting, graphics, etc. as needed
• Analyzing key performance indictors to determine content effectiveness
• Produce a viable E-book for programs at sySTEMic flow and assist with taking our curriculum to the next level
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities that are required of the employee. Responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor’s degree in Math or Secondary Education (Master’s degree preferred)
• 2-3 years’ experience working in an educational setting with evidence of excellence in instruction at the high school level
• Some experience teaching and coaching in 9-12th grade educational setting
• Experience developing or implementing a problem-based curriculum
• Proven experience working with students of diverse levels of preparation and backgrounds
• Demonstrated project management experience with the proven ability to manage multiple requests, balance multiple deadlines and evaluate project.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations
• Possess a can-do attitude and the desire to learn, grow and have fun
• Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks effectively, and resolve challenges independently
• Strong technical aptitude with enthusiasm to learn new systems
This is a temporary contract position expected to run for five to six months, with the possibility of extension. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
About sySTEMic flow
sySTEMic flow emerged from the dedication to inspire and support young Black girls and women in furthering their love for Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM). Established in 2017, the organization saw that there was a need to retain the number of black women who are invested in acquiring a STEM-related degree. The Decoding Diversity study conducted by Intel found that by improving ethnic and gender diversity and inclusion in the U.S technology workforce could create between $470 billion and $570 billion in new value to the industry. Given this critical community need, sySTEMic Flow’s aim is to increase the number of black women who pursue and graduate from an academic institution with a STEM-related degree. Not only will this program adhere to the academic relevance to STEM, it will also attack prominent social issues that young women need to know in order to defeat the culture of power and break down barriers.
With a deep commitment to educational excellence, the dedication to implement a program like this can give more Women of Color the chance to live out their dreams as well as ferment the backbone of leadership and economic success in the United States – one that would encourage female students to not only seek careers in STEM related fields but to specifically prepare them to assume leadership roles in the industry.
Equal Employer Opportunity
sySTEMic flow, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.