Talent Hack is seeking a creative and strategic Copywriter to bring the voice of our brand to life across all touch points and channels. This role is part of the Brand Marketing team and will collaborate closely with all cross functional teams including and especially Design, Product Marketing, Email Marketing, and Product Development.
Our mission as a company is to empower and elevate fitness professionals, so your copy will primarily focus on how we can help support and educate fitness professionals while inspiring them with a strong point of view about their value and importance.
Your writing will help us tell a cohesive brand story across all products and channels, from marketing emails and UX copy, to long-form articles and social media posts. You’ll communicate the value of our platform, shape our user interfaces, make our product more discoverable, and inspire our community to take control of their careers.
The ideal candidate can inhabit an outspoken and unapologetic yet accessible, compassionate voice that challenges the status quo and lovingly pushes our community to think bigger and unleash their power.
You have a penchant for sassy copy and short sharp sentences, and can spot a misplaced comma from a mile away. You understand that real estate is precious and each character counts. But as much as you obsess over punctuation, you also love to look at the big picture and bring creativity and strategy to all you do.
This role can be based in New York City or remote.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Craft an empowering brand voice that’s relatable, confident, smart, and witty.
- Write copy for our company’s marketing materials and product, including emails, social posts, and articles that inspire and educate our community of fitness professionals
- Bring a strong point of view on how copy nuances inform and engage users
- Enhance the user experience and communicate product value through site UX copy
- Delight and inspire our users every day with the perfect email subject line, a too-true Instagram caption, or a full-length article on our blog
- Partner with marketing, stakeholders, and designers to create compelling communication that is more than the sum of its parts
- Stay on the pulse of the latest writing and category trends to ensure we stay ahead of the game as a leader in our space
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years experience writing engaging, consumer-facing copy for a digital brand, preferably in the wellness, tech or lifestyle space
- Have a unique mixture of creativity, a sense of humor, ambition, drive and innovation combined with a passion for process, structure and getting sh*t done
- You combine creative writing with critical thinking; your analytical approach enables you to ask the right questions and waterproof ideas from a conceptual perspective
- Experience writing punchy copy with a wide range of inclusive cultural references, especially headlines, captions, and subject lines across platforms and mediums
- The ability to write both Instagram and user interaction copy, and an understanding of how those are different
- The ability to contribute to brand guidelines as well as translate them into a consistent, ownable voice
- Scrupulous proofreading and copyediting skills, as well as fantastic grammar and a love of words
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- The ability to juggle multiple projects at once and prioritize work to meet deadlines, working independently as well as part of a team
- Comfort both defending your ideas to stakeholders and adapting to feedback/changes in strategy—and the experience to know which is called for
A genuine interest in fitness, wellness and are excited by the opportunity to empower a deeply passionate community