Imagine the impact your unique skills and abilities would bring to the people of the Alaskan Interior at Tanana Chiefs Conference, Chief Andrew Isaac Health Center, or the Morris Thompson Cultural Center. While each of our facilities play a different and crucial role in the healthcare and wellbeing of our community, we unite under the same mission: Accessible and trusted world-class services provided with unconditional love, compassion, dignity and respect.
- Function as a forestry field crewmember to install Continuous Forest Inventory plots on Native allotments in remote locations of interior Alaska. Work
- Assist Forestry staff in projects, including but not limited to forest development projects (planting, thinning), forest health projects (treatments and monitoring), hazardous fuel reduction projects, forest inventory, timber sale layout and administration, aerial photo interpretation and image classification, GIS data processing, etc.
- Assist with data processing activities in the office.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record.
- Completion of college level forest mensuration or measurements class.
- Completion of college level dendrology or systematic botany class.
- Ability to work and live cooperatively with others over an extended period of time in remote, primitive field camp conditions and work outside in all weather conditions to accomplice tasks.
- Willingness to fly in small planes to remote locations and travel large glacial rivers in small inflatable boats.
- Computer skills, including familiarity with GIS and digital data processing.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 45 pounds. Must have the ability to stoop, climb balance, stand, walk and sit for extended periods. Will fly in small fixed wing aircraft and travel repot Alaska Rivers in small inflatable boats.
Summation: The ideal candidate for this position will be familiar with concepts, practices and procedures involved with forest inventory and measurements, GIS and general natural resource management.
- 15 days PTO the first year
- 12 days employer paid Holiday’s
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts.
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
To view the full job description and learn more about Tanana Chiefs Conference please visit our website www.tananachiefs.org/careers/