Tech Elevator is a progressive training provider helping individuals and companies acquire in-demand technology skills for the modern workforce. The core products are C#/.NET and Java coding bootcamps teaching students to become junior software developers through an immersive 14 week program. Tech Elevator also fully supports student career goals through connections to an extensive hiring network, and through the Pathway Program™, a soft skills and career readiness track.
Founded in 2015, Tech Elevator has emerged as one of the highest quality and fastest growing programs in the nation. As an early member of the Council on Integrity in Results Reporting (CIRR), Tech Elevator has taken a proactive approach to transparency. Their results speak to their focus on quality and on student outcomes.
Pathway Program Director
Tech Elevator is seeking a passionate, driven and growth-minded individual to lead the career placement initiatives for our Cleveland coding bootcamp.
The Pathway Program™ is Tech Elevator’s nationally recognized soft skills and career readiness curriculum running in parallel to the 14-week coding bootcamp. The program prepares and supports students as they connect with leading employers across the country for tech-related roles.
The ideal candidate will relish the opportunity to tackle the challenge of breaking new ground and shifting the norms of traditional education and hiring paths. They will be forward-thinking and motivated by continuous improvement. They will be excited to impact the skills of the workforce by fostering greater opportunities for individuals seeking to make a change in their lives.
- Effectively plans, guides and executes overall Pathway Program experience
- Presents career and placement topics to students as part of the career-readiness curriculum
- Responsible for managing and curating a community of volunteer mentors
- Monitor student learning, activity and participation in Pathway Program events and exercises
- Think critically about the effectiveness of the program and proactively makes suggestions and takes initiative for improvement to drive outcomes
- Provides effective support strategies to ensure optimal student placement outcomes
- Ensures overall adherence to Pathway Program by the student body. Tracks and follows up on student compliance
- Serves as a personal career coach for all students during the course of the program as well as during their job search after graduation
- Delivers great individual student experience through One on One coaching, encouragement, and fair and impartial support
- Works effectively with a diverse set of students, backgrounds, and personalities
- Conducts behavioral mock interviews and provides constructive feedback to students for improvement
- Works collaboratively with program staff to achieve enrollment targets
- Actively participates in the scheduling, coordination, and execution of events and open houses in support of student enrollment
- Qualifies students through a quality behavioral interviewing process
- Communicates and follows up with candidates post-interview
- Represents Tech Elevator in a quality way through interactions with all stakeholders
- Performs business development activities to expand the hiring network on a national scale
- Maintains high-quality employer interactions to build and enhance the program’s reputation and establish Tech Elevator a preferred talent source
- Responsible for recruiting and engaging a community of volunteer mentors to support Pathway Program content and student support
- Maintains quality relationships with Alumni network through volunteer mentoring and alumni events. Seeks new ways to support Alumni and aid the awareness of TE grads in the community, fostering further connectivity and brand awareness
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Ability to multitask effectively
- A track record of relationship-based sales or business development
- Experienced in the process of career coaching or recruiting and hiring for technical roles
You are curious, you take initiative, you have a bias to action, you are accountable (to yourselves and others), you are bold and not afraid to speak up, you are passionate and persistent.
Experience: 5+ years in HR, Recruiting or Account Management roles
These are the requirements and skills that we’ve found to be a good fit for this role. If your background is different but you think you’re the right person for the job, we invite you to apply!
- Regular office hours
- Occasional evening and weekend hours as required for events
- Occasional travel
The well being of our employees is incredibly important to us, therefore we offer the following benefits:
- Health insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan with company match
- Short-term disability