Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2022 and continue through the entire Spring term (i.e. through April/May or into early Summer 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Washington, D.C. or Palo Alto, CA (or remote)
About the Team
This internship will provide opportunities to work with the North American Public Policy & Business Development team on policy and business development, market analysis, and strategic engagement. The incumbent will have the opportunity to learn and grow, working across the team to support its full range of efforts, with a particular focus on renewable energy and EV charging policy, public utility regulation, and renewable energy market opportunities.
What to Expect
As the Policy and Business Development Intern, you’ll gain experience in the following areas:
· Gain breadth and depth of knowledge of regulatory policy issues facing Tesla, with a focus on EV charging, renewable energy generation, storage, permitting and electricity rates regulations.
· Analyze policy initiatives for their impacts on Tesla
· Support the development of new policy and business initiatives
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
· Currently pursuing a graduate or undergraduate degree in relevant field such as Political Science, Public Policy, International Studies, Economics or Business Administration
· Able to make 3-6 month commitment
· Capable of working in a fast paced and always changing environment
· Capable of working remotely with a high degree of productivity
· Self-starting and solutions oriented
· A strong team player
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).