Summer 2022: June 4 – July 29
Summer 2022 Programs: In-Person and Virtual Formats
The Fund for American Studies is planning for multiple experiential program formats in 2022. We are committed to providing engaging opportunities for academic and professional growth to undergraduate students whether in-person or virtually. We recognize the continuing challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic and will follow public health and university guidelines.
Gain Professional Experience + Make Connections This Summer in D.C.
TFAS has been placing interns in Washington, DC for more than 50 years and has a vast network of connections. From the time you enroll in our program, dedicated staff will guide you through the placement process.
D.C. is home to thousands of organizations in a variety of fields including:
· International non-governmental organizations
· Congressional offices
· Federal agencies
· Think tanks
· Fortune 500 Companies
· Government affairs firms
· Media outlets
Our comprehensive programs mean that TFAS students leave Washington with up to 9 academic credits, 250+ hours of professional experience, an expanded network of contacts, and a greater understanding of the variety of career opportunities.
· A guaranteed internship placement in your field of interest.
· Up to 6 transferable credits from top rated George Mason University.
· A Mentor who is a local D.C. professional.
· Modern on-campus furnished housing with other program participants in the heart of the city.
· Career Exploration with panels and small group discussions. Get advice, business cards and open doors.
· Exclusive briefings at the State Department, Capitol Hill, World Bank, Press Club and Federal Reserve.
· Dedicated staff support during the admissions and internship placement process, and throughout the summer.
· Built-in social network of 350 other students from around the country and world to explore D.C. with.
Scholarship Funding Available
85% of Students Receive Scholarships!
We want to invest in future leaders and our goal is to provide as much scholarship funding as we can to as many students as possible. Awards are made on a combination of factors – including financial need and merit.
In addition to the generous partial awards, more than 30 scholarships that cover tuition and housing expenses will be provided to summer applicants on a rolling basis.
Awardees are responsible for the $500 program fee, travel to Washington, and food/personal expenses during the program.
Launch Your Career
“TFAS was the launching pad that set me up for my current career. Following my summer at TFAS, I got really involved in Indiana politics where I got my first two jobs on U.S. Senate races. After my candidate won the 2018 U.S. Senate race, I was able to return to D.C. and start working on Capitol Hill. If it wasn’t for TFAS, I never would have gotten involved at the state level, which ended up bringing me back to Washington.”
Hannah Winters, Ball State University
Internship: National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization