At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing has shaped the course of human history through aerospace innovations. Today, because of our amazing people and powerful technologies, our products connect the globe, protect freedom, and advance scientific discovery around the world. From the depths of the ocean, to Mars and beyond, we’re inspiring the next century of explorers – we invite you to join us on the journey ahead!
As an intern at Boeing, you’ll gain hands-on experience, learn from experts, and collaborate with teams that do truly amazing things.
Over the course of our 10-12 week internship experience you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products up close by touring our state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Interact directly with our company leaders to discuss strategy and the future of Boeing
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the aerospace industry
The Security and Fire Protection organization (S&FP) provides global risk management services and standards to protect people, property, information and support business resilience.
Specific S&FP internship opportunities include:
- Industrial Security Specialist – Provides administrative support (e.g., computer skills, scheduling and filing) to Internal Security Controls, Administrative Inquiries and Communication Security, protection of government, intellectual, third party and company information, and personnel security programs. Assist in ensuring compliance with government and company regulations and requirements through performance of compliance assessment reviews, self-inspections, administrative inquiries and physical security, sub-contractor management and communication security duties.
- Cyber Security– Primarily responsible for establishing and maintaining overall information security posture and serves as principle advisor for all matters technical or otherwise involving the security of the organizational technology platforms. Owns and implements Risk Management Framework for Enterprise. Conducts vulnerability analyses and risk assessments. Evaluates and applies appropriate mitigations. Advises both enterprise and program management on risk levels, security posture and cost/benefit analysis of information security programs, policies, processes, systems, and elements.
- Security Multi-Operations Specialist – Provides protection and safety of people and assets by controlling access to company property, inspecting vehicles, responding to emergencies and resolving conflicts. Advises internal and external customers on information protection processes and programs to protect company people, property, information and interests. Provides follow up on information protection incidents and initiatives and reviews risk management guidelines and practices to maintain program continuity and operations. Improves customer service by ensuring company and contract requirements are met. Assists in the completion of routine industrial security tasks for specific situations. Assists customers in resolving questions and problems associated with the National Industrial Security Program. Protects government classified and company sensitive information or material.
Some of these position allow telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Some of these positions have been identified as virtual opportunities and do not require applicants to live in close proximity to a Boeing facility.
Some of these positions are expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Some of these positions may require the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Some of these positions must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Employer not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during Summer 2022
- Currently an enrolled student attending a college or university with an expected graduation date on or after August 2022
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Majoring in: Cyber Security, Criminal Justice, Security Management, Business Administration, Fire Protection Engineering, or other related fields of study
- Strong academic performance (GPA of 3.0 or above)
- Previous internships or work experience and/or involvement with student or civic organizations
- Passion for the aerospace industry and interest and enthusiasm for a career with Boeing
- The ability to telecommute
- The ability to relocate and work onsite
- Preferred skills: Project management, time management, adaptability, communication, critical thinking, leadership, communication
Some of these positions offer relocation based on eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
These positions are for first shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: Min: $32,000 – Max: $74,000
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Apply Now
Job ID 00000270446
Date posted 08/31/2021
Location Hazelwood, Missouri; Saint Charles, Missouri; Huntsville, Alabama; Fairfax, Virginia; Charleston, South Carolina; Colorado Springs, Colorado; Chicago, Illinois; Seal Beach, California; Oklahoma City, Oklahoma; Huntington Beach, California; Berkeley, Missouri; El Segundo, California; Renton, Washington; Seattle, Washington; Herndon, Virginia; Auburn, Washington; Bellevue, Washington; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Everett, Washington; San Antonio, Texas; Plano, Texas; Arlington, Virginia; Ridley Park, Pennsylvania; Mesa, Arizona; North Charleston, South Carolina