You may know us as a company with great food…You may also know us from ‘Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For’ list…eight years in a row. What you may not know is how our Food Safety & Quality Systems department provides first class support for 300 restaurants.
The Senior Specialist of Food Safety & Quality Systems will play an integral role in training our restaurant staff, management and leadership staff in food safety and sanitation. This person will directly contribute to creating training material and standard operating procedures as they pertain to food safety and sanitation. they will also be a liaison to the health departments, our third-party food safety auditing partners and other programs related to food safety and sanitation.
You’ll thrive in this position if you’re:
- A Strong Communicator: You’re capable of articulating a message in a clear, concise, and conversational manner.
- A Master Multi-tasker: You’re skilled at juggling multiple priorities at one time.
- Adaptable: You’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to change direction rapidly when priorities, deadlines or personalities shift.
- A Skilled Problem Solver: You take the initiative to find solutions by thinking outside-the-box.
- Pressure Resistant: You have ice in your veins while under pressure, and maintaining a positive outlook at work, while the heat is on, is never an issue for you.
Here’s more of what you’ll get to do:
- Travel to restaurants to assess and provide food safety training.
- Monitor health department reports and third-party food safety audits and follow up on corrective actions.
- Create food safety and sanitation training material, SOPs, presentations, etc.
- Conduct food safety and sanitation training classes in front of large groups of people.
- Writing HACCP.
- Contribute to new innovation pertaining to food safety and assist in the implementation of pilot programs.
- Assist operations in complying with existing and new food safety regulations.
- Field and respond to queries from the restaurants and leadership regarding food safety and sanitation.
What we require:
- Bachelor’s degree in science related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in food safety, quality assurance or sanitation.
- Restaurant Experience.
- Must be able to travel a minimum of 25%.
- MS Word. Excel and PowerPoint.
- On-call for emergencies.
What we prefer:
- CP-FS or similar accreditation.
- Food Safety inspection experience.
- Bilingual Spanish.