The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is looking for Data Warehousing or Database Engineer interns to work with senior mentors and have the opportunity to develop information solutions which will enable departments of the Church make better decisions.
If you are an upbeat and dedicated individual who loves to work on new technologies, and you’re looking for a technical internship, keep reading!
This internship position represents an unusual and exciting opportunity to work for one of the largest information technology centers in the Wasatch front. This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
A Day in the Life:
Get experience supporting systems and delivering services to users at Church headquarters and millions of users throughout the world.
· Conversion of large files from Oracle to SQL Server
· Work with teams to build process models
· Compile reports on implementation and data
· Monitor processes and makes recommendations for efficiency and accuracy
· Craft management reports to communicate status
· Seeks opportunities to improve processes
· Work with state-of-the art tools to help develop enterprise solutions
· Mentor with highly experienced IT professionals
· We hasten the Lord’s work in an important way
· Great pay
· Be a member of a creative, spiritual, and highly motivated team and culture
· You will gain practical experience
Work Schedule: This is a full-time 40 hour per week internship that is expected to last approximately 4 months. Internships will start either January or May of 2022. Normal office hours are between 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
This position will be located in Riverton, UT. Remote options are available for individuals located outside the Wasatch front.
· You should be currently enrolled or recently graduated from an accredited college or university
· Internships are for current temple worthy members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
· Aptitude for database management technologies such as relational databases (Oracle, SQL, and MySQL), noSQL databases (MongoDB, Cassandra, MarkLogic, and data processing (SQL, Hadoop).
· Aptitude to learn business intelligence tools (Business Objects, Crystal, Corda).
· Strong aptitude for understanding and associating data.
· Ability to effectively communicate information with data.
· Ability and real passion for analyzing large amounts of information
· Solid business presentation skills (articulates technical concepts clearly – visually and verbally)
· Technology background is highly preferred
· Good organizational skills
· Attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills for interacting with and providing information to management levels will be needed
Apply/Screening Process: Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org
Only members of the Church who are worthy of a temple recommend qualify for employment. Apart from this, the Church is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on any basis that would violate U.S. or local law.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, national origin, color, gender, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other legally protected categories that apply to the Church. The Church will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities.