The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is looking for Software Engineer interns to assist seasoned developers in software development activities on current Church projects.
We are looking for an upbeat and dedicated individual who loves to learn new technologies, and you are looking for an internship, keep reading!
This internship position represents an unusual and exciting opportunity to work for one of the largest information technology centers in the Wasatch front. This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel. A skilled and seasoned mentor will be provided to guide you during the internship.
A Day in the Life:
Examples of activities you will accomplish include specific development tasks in various programming languages, unit testing, debugging and correcting defects in code, meetings with project team members and customers, reporting on current activities, working with databases and issue tracking systems and working in both individual and paired programming assignments. This is an excellent opportunity for somebody wishing to develop their software development and engineering skills in an extraordinary development environment.
· Work with state-of-the art tools to help develop enterprise solutions
· Work on REAL projects and solve REAL problems
· Mentor with highly experienced IT professionals
· We hasten the Lord’s work in an important way
· Great pay
· Be a member of a creative, spiritual, and highly motivated team and culture
· We help you gain practical experience
This is a 40 hour per week internship that is expected to last approximately 4 months. Internships will start either January or May of 2022. Normal office hours are between 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
This position will be located in Riverton or Lehi, UT. Remote options are available for individuals located outside the Wasatch front.
· You should be currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited college or university
· Internship is for current temple worthy members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
· Should be working toward a degree in the area of engineering, computer science or technology
· Excellent communication skills for interacting with and providing information to management levels will be needed
· Familiarity with databases
· Familiarity with cloud technologies or Amazon Web Services
· Time management skills
· Ability to juggle many tasks and customer driven requirements
· Ability to interact well in a team environment
· Project management experience is desired
· Self motivated
· We want highly computer literate students that are familiar with various operating system and internet browser environments.
· You will be asked to demonstrate your coding experience in the interview.
Apply/Screening Process: Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org
Only members of the Church who are worthy of a temple recommend qualify for employment. Apart from this, the Church is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on any basis that would violate U.S. or local law.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, national origin, color, gender, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other legally protected categories that apply to the Church. The Church will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities.