If you are an upbeat and dedicated individual who loves to learn new technologies, and you are looking for a technical internship, keep reading!
This internship position represents an unusual and exciting opportunity to work for one of the largest information technology centers in the Wasatch front. This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
A Day in the Life:
You will become a web developer on a Church website with a dynamic web application development team. As a fully participating member of the development team you will have access to mentorship from senior engineers that will aid in the success of your internship. We will assign you to work on projects touching departments across the Church, such as the temple, family history, missionary, seminary & institutes, finance & legal, HR department, or many others.
· Work with state-of-the art tools to help develop enterprise solutions
· We allow you to mentor with highly experienced IT professionals
· We hasten the Lord’s work in an important way
· Great pay
· Be a member of a creative, spiritual, and highly motivated team and culture
· You will gain practical experience
This is a 40 hour per week internship that is expected to last approximately 4 months. Internships will start either January or May 2022. Normal office hours are between 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
This position will be located in Riverton or Lehi, UT. Remote options are available for individuals located outside the Wasatch front.
· You should be currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited college or university
· Internship is for current temple worthy members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
· Experience in front-end web development
· Technology background is highly preferred
Should be working toward a degree in the area of web design, computer science or information systems
· Excellent communication skills for interacting with and providing information to management levels will be needed
· Experience with Responsive Design Techniques and CSS3
· Experience with SharePoint, HTML5, Java, Spring, .Net, C#, or cloud technologies a plus
· Time management skills
· Ability to juggle many tasks and customer driven requirements
· Ability to interact well in a team environment
· We love self-motivated individuals
· We want highly computer literate students that are familiar with various operating system and internet browser environments.
· You will be asked to demonstrate your coding skills in your interview
Apply/Screening Process: Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org
Only members of the Church who are worthy of a temple recommend qualify for employment. Apart from this, the Church is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on any basis that would violate U.S. or local law.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, national origin, color, gender, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other legally protected categories that apply to the Church. The Church will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities.