The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is looking for a Taxonomy and Ontology intern to work with senior mentors and have the opportunity to develop search tags to link content of various types of media.
If you are an upbeat and dedicated individual who loves to work on new technologies, and you’re looking for a technical internship, keep reading!
This internship position represents an unusual and exciting opportunity to work for one of the largest information technology centers in the Wasatch front. This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
A Day in the Life:
Get experience supporting systems and delivering services to users at Church headquarters and millions of users throughout the world.
· Working with large datasets
· Work with teams to build process models
· Monitor processes and makes recommendations for efficiency and accuracy
· Seeks opportunities to improve processes
· Work with state-of-the art tools to help develop enterprise solutions
· Mentor with highly experienced IT professionals
· We hasten the Lord’s work in an important way
· Great pay
· Be a member of a creative, spiritual, and highly motivated team and culture
· You will gain practical experience
Work Schedule: This is a part-time 20 hour per week internship that is expected to last approximately 4 months. The Internship will start as soon as possible. Normal office hours are between 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
This position will be remote.
· You should be currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited college or university
· Internship is for current temple worthy members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
· Should be working toward a degree in the area of Information Science, Engineering, Computer Science or Technology
· Excellent communication skills for interacting with and providing information to management levels will be needed
· Familiarity with databases and large datasets
· Language skills – understands words, how people use them, and understand what words are best for translations
· Classification skills
· Taxonomy/Ontology experience
· SEO experience
· Working with Semaphore a plus
· Time management skills
· Ability to juggle many tasks and customer driven requirements
· Ability to interact well in a team environment
· Self motivated
· We want highly computer literate students
Apply/Screening Process: Please Note: All positions are subject to close without notice.
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at http://careers.churchofjesuschrist.org
Only members of the Church who are worthy of a temple recommend qualify for employment. Apart from this, the Church is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on any basis that would violate U.S. or local law.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, national origin, color, gender, pregnancy, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other legally protected categories that apply to the Church. The Church will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities.