The Cloud Dancers Foundation is a registered 501(C)(3) charity founded by Robina Asti, a WWII transgender veteran recognized as the oldest living active pilot in 2020 (at 99 years old!) and was credited with changing the Social Security Administration’s rules on survivorship benefits for trans people.
Cloud Dancers supports transgender people 35+ by granting their wishes and telling their stories. By bringing visibility to this often-overlooked group, we know that we are inspiring and bringing hope to the next generation of transgender people.
We are looking for an ambitious Content Creation Intern to join our team and drive forward our content strategy. Working closely with the Foundation’s Executive Director and Communications Director, you’ll get to bring your ideas to the table and develop original content for publication on our website and other channels with your byline attached!
Cloud Dancers is looking to increase its original content including short and long-form pieces. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to research topics relevant to the LGBTQ+ audience and conduct interviews to create original content.
Duties & Responsibilities
As part of this non-profit volunteer internship, you will be an integral part of the team to bring our content plan to life. We’re looking for go-getters who are socially conscious and curious. Specific responsibilities include:
– Attending weekly Zoom or phone call with The Cloud Dancers team to review content plan and assignments.
– Collaborating to create ideas for new content and growth (social, SEO) and with direction from staff, implementing new strategies.
– Writing and producing various original types of content for use on our website, on social media pages (IG, TikTok, FB and Twitter) and in newsletters to educate and engage our audience to support our marketing and fundraising goals.
– Editing/proofreading all content to ensure it meets established standards.
– All your work will be credited to you with a byline and/or social media tag.
We are a small, remote-based team and can work around your schedule. We’ll work together with you to set deadlines for specific projects.