The Medical Office Specialist provides patient care in accordance with established methods and techniques and conforms to recognized standards.
- Will participate and maintain a culture within The Corvallis Clinic that is consistent with the content outlined in the Service and Behavioral Standards Handbook. To this end, employee will be expected to read, have familiarity, and embrace the principles contained within.
- Greets patients for providers, answers the telephone, routing of calls/tasks, books appointments, verifies patient insurance coverage, acts as cashier for payments and prepares for appointments.
- Greet and check patients in, verifies current demographics and insurance coverage. Notifies back office staff of patient’s arrival in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of the referral process.
- Uses the correct search criteria in order to eliminate the creation of duplicate documentation and enters in the EHR.
- Contacts the assistant or provider promptly when an acutely ill patient either telephones or approaches the reception desk with or without an appointment.
- Direct patient flow and prepare patients for exams.
- Proactively monitors and manages provider schedules for accuracy.
- Actively participate in the cleaning of shared work areas.
- Participate in the orientation and training of new employees.
- May work at multiple sites as determined by department necessity.
- Six (6) months of customer service in a professional office setting OR one (1) year or more in a service related industry. Requires a high school diploma
- Certification from a MOS program is preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work well with providers, clinical staff and patients
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a busy, fast-paced environment while maintaining quality of work
- Excellent proven customer service skills
- Intermediate computer and telephone skills