Social Media Director – Remote
With over ten years of experience, The Difference is a revolutionary breakthrough in the simplification of weight management. The product assists all aspects of weight management (decrease, maintain, and increase weight, and change in body fat percentage), not just weight loss. The subject of weight is often a very personal matter that we want to demystify and normalize. We reveal the basics, allowing our clients to adopt and reinforce healthy habits. The technology is designed for the average adult with a busy work schedule but
can be used by many others such as athletes and students. It is a simple tool that can be used to solve a problem that people often think is complex and find to be a struggle.
Summary of Project and Project Goals
1. Create a written social media strategy for the company, with input from the Founder and Marketing Specialist, that reflects the developing overall marketing strategy of the company.
2. Identify and secure accounts on any social media platforms that we need to add on an ongoing basis.
3. Manage existing and secure new relationships with Facebook Groups and Influencers.
4. Create at least 2.5 pieces of marketing content per week on average to be disseminated:
a. On the company’s social media platforms.
b. On our list of Facebook Groups and Pages.
c. Through our core and broad influencer groups.
d. On the Team’s personal social media accounts.
5. After approval from the Founder and Marketing Specialist, disseminate said material through said channels.
6. Collect and analyze quantifiable metrics and non-quantifiable feedback that measure the effectiveness of disseminated said marketing material on social media.
7. Report this feedback to the team on a weekly basis and collect suggestions.
8. Adjust the social media strategy and future marketing material based on said feedback and suggestions.
9. Make significant, ongoing, preferably exponential growth of the company’s social media reach.
- Industry Knowledge – familiarity with all existing and emerging social media platforms.
- Strategy – ability to create and communicate a clear social media strategy for the company.
- Design – ability to create or source relevant, effective marketing material in various forms including, but not limited to, video, photography, and written text.
- Management – ability to navigate the company’s many social media platforms and work effectively with our Facebook Groups and influencers.
- Independence – ability to work alone and manage your own schedule and work.
- Analysis – ability to collect and analyze statistical data and non-quantifiable data.
- Communication – ability to clearly articulate ideas and strategy to the Team and our influencer groups.
- Collaboration – works well with other members of the team
- Software – proficient with design applications (e.g. Photoshop, etc…), office applications such as Excel, Word, etc.. and their Google equivalents. Proficient with conducting surveys.
The Intern will further develop their social media marketing expertise, management experience, time-management, graphic design, and gain insight into the field of health as it pertains to weight management. When applying to future positions, the Intern will be able to use the technology as an example of work experience and the Founder can be listed as a reference.
Flexible. 10 hours per week for students currently enrolled in classes. The owner stresses the importance of studies over work for actively enrolled students. For students that are on a leave of absence this year, working more than 10 hours per week would also be considered. During the summer, the Intern could work 30 to 40 hours per week.
Start and End Dates
Start Date: As soon as possible. End Date: Release of the product to the public. Expected launch date of App: December 2021. If good synergy is present and the App is successful, then there may be an opportunity for the Intern to extend their employment after launch. In addition, there may be an opportunity for profit sharing and/or shareholder participation should the company raise investment at a later date.
Rate of Pay
The Intern will be working with Peter Conroy, Amherst College ’93 (Mathematics and Black Studies Major, Magna Cum Laude). Mr. Conroy has a background in Applied Mathematics in Finance, analyzing fixed income securities, in particular Corporate Bonds. His last position in Banking was Director, Head of European Credit Strategy at Deutsche Bank in London, England. In addition to this management experience, Mr. Conroy has mentored and continues to mentor many students and interns. After leaving Finance, Mr. Conroy has been an entrepreneur with nearly ten start-up attempts. Mr. Conroy also holds a Certificate in Horticulture from the Brooklyn Botanic Garden.
Supervising / Mentoring
The Intern will be managed remotely over Zoom meetings, instant messaging through the Slack application and texts or calls over the phone. There will be a mandatory weekly progress meeting. Mr. Conroy will provide all background and ongoing guidance for the creation of the technology. In addition, Mr. Conroy is happy to discuss Career Development, Job Seeking, Personal Finance and other subjects with the Intern and can share insight into the world of fixed income finance, especially Research.
Contact name and email to receive applications – Peter Conroy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Application Documents – Resume, Cover Letter, Transcript.
Application deadline date – Thursday, September 30th, 2021.
Please note – This is a remote-only internship. The Intern will need to own at least one computer.
Eligible class years – First year through senior, preference given to students with relevant academic or professional experience.