Reports to: Intern Manager
Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Salary: $17/hour not to exceed 40 hours/week
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort composed of a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
The Hub is currently accepting applications for its Policy, Research and External Affairs Fall 2021 Internship. The pay rate for this internship is $17/hour. All applicants must be available to take on a full-time internship for a minimum of 40 hours a week. We’re a fast-moving organization that’s always ready to jump into the next fight, so the right person for the internship is not afraid of taking on new opportunities to move people to action and quickly responding to an ever-changing news cycle.
As an intern for this program, you will…
- Conduct policy research for various campaigns, attend digital progressive movement meetings, and report back important details to the team
- Assist in managing and updating partnership tracking database
- Assist in drafting policy reports, campaign plans, and/or digital content for The Hub’s various campaigns
- Assist with weekly media monitoring, including print, broadcast, and online coverage
- Support earned media efforts
- Assist with planning and execution of events
- Collaborate and develop collateral materials for partner campaigns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- You have a demonstrated interest in progressive causes
- You’re an effective multitasker with a strong ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- You have some knowledge and experience in reviewing drafted legislation, polling data, and policy research
- You’re extremely organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
- You’re a skilled researcher, with the ability to clearly and concisely summarize information
- You’re a skilled writer with the ability to modify messages and tone to incorporate the perspectives of multiple communities, specifically marginalized communities
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub Education and Engagement Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.