About the Role
This position is responsible for assisting on-site and remote users in a mixed PC/Mac environment, performing basic to advanced troubleshooting, while ensuring the upkeep, configuration and reliable operations of applications, computers, networks, servers, and systems.
What You’ll Do
- Provide onsite and end-user escalation support from the Unisys Service Desk Team; not limited to hardware, software, office and communications equipment, network and remote connectivity.
- Log all help desk interactions accurately in a centrally managed ServiceNow ticketing system
- Perform user account administration in legacy and heiway domain environments; create/change/disable user accounts and email address in Active Directory and other company systems; including file permissions, security access lists, service accounts, and group policies
- Support and manage our SCCM, Intune, and Jamf end-user management platforms
- Configure/deploy end-user hardware (Desktops/Laptops/Mobile Devices/Phones), including SCCM deployment.
- Deploy desk phones in a managed VOIP system.
- Assist with Planning, implementing, and supporting company-wide initiatives of new technology deployments, upgrades, and migrations, including change management and end-user adoption.
- Assists with the managing and maintenance of Lagunitas systems and network infrastructures, including physical and virtual servers, LAN, WAN, & WLAN networks, security systems, email, file shares, online services (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), and other infrastructure issues as directed
- Develop and manage business relationships with vendors such as Apple, Dell, CDW, Amazon, etc. Makes business decisions by directing new partnerships, vetting vendors, negotiating contracts and maintaining account relations.
- Collaborates with IT Manger with all technology purchasing for the business, ensuring that existing policies and regulations are being followed.
- Collaborates with Finance team to streamline systems for technology purchasing and coding; manage technology purchasing and department approval process.
- Maintain and update procedures and configuration documentation of infrastructure, architecture, and operations guides
- Helps in disaster recovery efforts in the event of an outage
- Maintain working knowledge and expertise of products and/or services
- Other duties and projects as directed
- Limited weekend and after hours maintenance required
- Limited travel to other site locations
What We’re Lookin’ For
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience; a minimum of 2 relevant work experience.
- Must have the ability to prioritize, meet strict deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the desire to learn new technologies and problem solve.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels throughout organization.
- Experience with or knowledge of Active Directory and Exchange Server infrastructure, including Office365, cloud technologies (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, etc.), and Networks.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards; Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Reports directly to the IT Manager
- HNK End-user product owners, Lagunitas Cybersecurity Officer, and Systems Administrator
- Frequent interaction across all departments
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Work environment is primarily indoors in a typical office environment (by Lagunitas standards).
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairs, lift 50lbs, and occasionally work on overhead equipment.
- Ability to travel occasionally (less than 10%).