Humboldt Redwood Company, LLC (HRC) is looking for experienced Foresters to join our team in Scotia, CA!
Working under the direction and supervision of a Registered Professional Forester (RPF) for the purpose of commercial forest management with a high standard of environmental stewardship. Primary duties include Timber Harvest Plan (THP) preparation, timber marking, road inspections, contract administration, and prescribed fire carried out under a wide range of weather and field conditions.
- THP preparation involving field reconnaissance, mapping, and operational flagging as instructed by RPF
- THP Watercourse classification pursuant the California Forest Practice Rules (CFPRs)
- THP Identification and mapping of unstable areas
- Conduct timber marking and timber cruising
- Conduct road inventories and administer maintenance activities
- Implement prescribed burning projects
- Assist in logging administration, and work in a safe and efficient manner
- Communicate effectively with RPF and Forest Managers
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Forestry Required
- Two years related forestry or related field experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred but not required
· Must maintain and carry a valid California driver license and remain eligible and capable of operating company vehicles including automobiles and trucks in accordance with company policy guidelines.
· With appropriate training, an individual must be capable of safely and effectively operating (run, maneuver, navigate and drive in various types of territory) all-terrain vehicles in accordance with company policy guidelines
· The employee may be required to use a chainsaw and other hand tools
· Go to Mendoco.com / Careers – Reference Job ID 2021 – 2116
· Click to Apply:
· Call Victor, Recruiting Manager at (707) 620-2940 for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer, Valuing Diversity of our Workforce and Offering a Drug Free Workplace