The Morton Arboretum is a world-renowned nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting and growing trees locally and globally. We are seeking a sales associate to join our team to provide a high level of customer service to members and visitors in The Arboretum Store. The successful candidate will be able to establish relationships, build rapport, and be able to effectively convey the Arboretum’s mission with genuine passion. You’ll be part of a very special front-facing team working together to make the Arboretum exceptional.
Provide a high level of customer service to visitors in The Arboretum Store by assisting in the sales and merchandising of the various products for sale.
- Fulfill the primary responsibility for selling merchandise and participate in suggestive selling and add-on sales. Gauge customer needs and make merchandise suggestions. Become familiar with and communicate the selling points of all merchandise.
- Provide excellent customer service by welcoming customers as they walk into the Store, interacting with them on the selling floor, and answering questions about merchandise and the Arboretum in general. Sell merchandise and ring sales into computer POS system. Process phone orders and special orders according to established procedures. Wrap and pack merchandise for customers.
- Restock the selling floor with merchandise. Help to keep merchandise presentation neat, orderly, and attractive. Help to prepare merchandise for sale by inspecting, pricing and packaging new merchandise, during peak receiving times.
- Open and close the Store by preparing the POS terminals at the beginning of the day, prepare deposit paperwork and balance the POS terminals at the end of the day according to established procedures.
- Restock the sales counter with wrapping supplies, membership premiums and other office supplies, as needed. Help to maintain the cleanliness of the selling floor merchandise and displays.
- Participate in monthly store meetings and may assist with annual inventory.
- Support Arboretum events by helping to set up, merchandise, and process sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school graduate required, some college preferred. 2+ years of retail or customer service experience preferred. Strong interpersonal and communication skills required. Experience utilizing POS software preferred.
Find satisfaction in working with the public and possess an outgoing, friendly, courteous and enthusiastic personality. Ability to relate effectively with people of various backgrounds and ages. Ability to embrace and operate in line with our employee core values to take ownership, work together, keep learning and make the Arboretum exceptional.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Requires some physical activity: limited lifting and carrying, climbing a step ladder, standing for long periods of time.
- Work Environment: Office and retail environment. Work is performed primarily indoors.
- Equipment: General office equipment, point of sale (POS) system.
- Schedule: Position requires regular weekday and weekend hours, and occasional holidays and evenings. Hours may fluctuate based on the seasonal needs of the Store.
The Morton Arboretum is a champion of diversity, supporting a culture of inclusion that attracts, inspires, and engages people to achieve success. The Arboretum is committed to hire and develop employees based on job-related qualifications irrespective of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status. To increase diversity in professions related to the public garden realm, we encourage applications from underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
The Morton Arboretum is dedicated to complying with our obligations as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants are guaranteed equal consideration for employment.