Draft Technician – Anchorage
Job Category: Sales – Merchandising
Requisition Number: DRAFT05923
- Posted: May 6, 2021
- Showing 1 location
- 6300 Changepoint Drive
- Anchorage, AK 99518, USA
A Draft Technician cleans, repairs, and maintains draft lines on kegs and attached taps.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Cleans beer draft lines using BLC solution and then rinses the lines using hot tap water.
• Converses with customers to determine any problems.
• Repairs draft lines by observing the mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
• Dismantles taps and devices to gain access to remove defective parts.
• Examines the form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
• Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments.
• Repairs or replaces defective parts such as taps, washers, hoses/lines as necessary. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
• Starts devices to test their performance.
• Keeps records on each account on any cleaning and repairing that has taken place.
• Informs supervisor when parts are needed for repairs and other supplies.
• Perform job duties in a safe manner; considerate to themselves and to others.
• High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)preferred; two to four years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have the visual abilities to ensure proper wiring and repair of the draft line.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• Use of pallet jacks and hand carts are required to load and unload products for use in customer locations.
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and occasionally moving/pushing or pulling of up to 165 pounds (full keg).
• Required to regularly stand, walk, lift product floor to waist, shoulder to overhead, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally high due to outside environmental noises.
Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Odom Corporation offers competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, 401k plan, and much more! Background/Drug Screen. EOE.
Licenses & Certifications
Drives On Company Time