The Public Theater is seeking a Membership Manager who will oversee the Public Supporter donor program, representing approximately $1.5 million in contributed revenue. As the Membership Manager, you will work to cultivate, solicit, and steward individual donors for The Public Theater, focusing on strategies to attract new entry-level prospects and enhance the current level of support.
• Manage and oversee the daily administrative operations of the Supporter Program, including email, calls, mailings, thank you notes, website recognition.
• Understand and optimize the donor experience.
• Provide thorough, accurate, and timely responses to all donor requests for information; demonstrate exemplary customer service in all exchanges.
• Build and maintain relationships with donors and prospects through outreach, attending events, benefit fulfillment, and ensuring an excellent donor experience.
• Coordinate with Marketing and Advancement Services on ticket holds, projections, releases, and analyzing usage.
• Collaborate with the Manager of Individual Giving to develop and execute multi-channel renewal and acquisition campaigns.
• Support the development of membership collateral, including renewal letters and emails, acquisition letters and emails, acknowledgment letters, email newsletters, etc.
• Liaise with the Call Center Managers and Representatives to ensure adherence to standards of customer service.
• Support a higher-level strategy for creating a robust donor pipeline that supports future fundraising goals. Identify prospects who are ready to move to the next giving level.
• Collaborate with the Director of Individual Giving and Manager of Individual Giving to create a structured, systematic program for donor stewardship that will outlast staff changes and assure perpetual and mutually beneficial relationships with donors.
• 4+ years of experience with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Proven analytical and strategic thinking capabilities
• Advanced knowledge of computerized systems and operating environments i.e., Microsoft Office and specialized computer applications
• Experience with Tessitura is preferred.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to present and disseminate data to various audiences
• Ability to perform complex administrative tasks with only general supervision
• A self-starter with the ability to set a course of action, prioritize deadlines, solve complex and delicate problems and organize information concisely and effectively.
• Ability to work cross-departmentally with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment with numerous deadlines.
• Knowledge of theater and the arts in NYC is a plus.
Starting salary $58,200. Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 and Vaccination Policy:
• As a condition of employment, The Public will require all who report to work on site (either at The Public Theater or any other workspace or performing location) to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
• The Public Theater Production Department is currently engaged in a combination of remote and in person work. This position will begin work remotely but is expected to begin working in person during the 2021-2022 season.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.