“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
As a member of the Facilities & Operations Services team, you will help to engineer the magic. You will be part of a team that works each day to design, build, service and maintain a level of service that exceeds our client and guest expectations. Your team’s responsibilities may include:
- Provide strategic and project support for new and existing attractions and facilities
- Develop global design and safety standards
- Design and supervise the fabrication and testing of enhancements and new designs for ride vehicles and systems
- Provide software services for ride, show and other process control systems being developed and installed in the Disney parks
- Provide construction project management services and long-term facility planning for the Walt Disney World Resort.
- Deliver a wide variety of maintenance and repair services for the operating and support teams
- Sustain assets and structures like buildings, rides, buses, watercraft and ensures our property is always show ready
What you bring to the Role:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (esp. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Availability to work various shifts commensurate with project requirements
- Successful completion of the Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Successful completion of the Engineering Professional Development Studies class at Disney
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree or Post Graduate degree at an accredited 4 year college or university majoring in an Engineering related major including: Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Structural, Environmental, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Building Construction, Project Management, Engineering Management, Architecture and Landscape Architecture, Cyber Security and Secure Computing and Networks
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student status by arrival date
- Cumulative overall GPA of 3.0 or higher (Note: No rounding.)
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are January 2022 – June 2022. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing may be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for this internship is September 22, 2021.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
College transcripts (official or unofficial) – Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab “Applications”
- Select “Submitted Applications”
- Click on the title of this position
- Click the “Add Files” button
- Under what you want to add, select “Transcript”
- Be sure your document is saved in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript