Job Title: Material Planner
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have created an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, productivity, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 70,000 employees the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. The customers we serve fall within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
The Material Planner schedules and monitors the movement of material through the production cycle. This role is also responsible for determining material requirements from engineering and production schedules, coordinating the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production and engineering and developing specifications for new contract orders. The Material Planner is responsible for procurement business system data input and integrity; creates and maintains bills of material and parts/commodities numbers in supply chain management or other enterprise-wide systems.
- Assure material availability at site of min 3 week
- Manage inventory levels by defining clear max inventory levels and manage to those
- First level of escalation and management of supply component interruptions
- Issuance of releases/call offs (not negotiate price, payment terms and change/select suppliers)
- Responsible to plan material ramp/up and ramp-down
- Manage the implementation date of engineering changes based on stocking
- Maintain master data – MOQ’s (joint), safety stock, min/max
- Raw Material Inventory Health (E&O, MOQs, SS)
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Exceptional customer focus
- Solid Understanding of concepts of inventory flow, inventory management, and distribution planning
- Aptitude towards ERP/MRP Planning systems
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to a Business Degree in Supply Chain Management ( or like field )
- Proficiency with Microsoft software (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate critical information.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.