GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Early Learning Master Teacher, under supervision of the Early Learning Program Manager, plans, organizes and implements the organization’s educational program for children enrolled in the Early Learning Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize and implement the program for preschool-aged children in accordance with approved curriculum, applicable policies and philosophy of Think Together.
- Provide learning readiness experiences in literacy, language, mathematics, science, social growth and self-concept.
- Develop and implement daily lesson plans to meet the individual needs/interests of children.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
- Maintain an atmosphere that develops each child’s self-esteem and respect for others.
- Evaluate student achievement and growth using State, Think’s and district assessments.
- Maintain records of children’s progress.
- Conduct parent conferences on children’s school adjustment, academic progress and classroom behavior.
- Assist in identifying children with special needs and refer to proper agencies for testing and evaluation.
- Maintain a clean, safe, attractive and positive learning environment, which assists children in making a positive transition from home to preschool.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Maintain professional competence through participation in trainings, workshops, courses and other professional growth activities.
- Provide training and work direction to instructional assistants and volunteers; participate in evaluations as requested.
- Change children’s clothes and tend to injuries, illness and toileting needs as necessary.
- Assure availability of appropriate classroom supplies and materials; requisition necessary supplies and materials as needed.
- Assume Site Director responsibilities when director is not present.
- Other duties as assigned to meet program needs, requirements and regulations
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent and one of the following:
- AA in ECE or related field with 3 semester units of supervised ECE field experience.
- Child Development Site Supervisor Permit with 24 units ECE/CD (Early Childhood Education/Child Development) including core courses, plus 16 General Education units and one-year experience (175 days@ 3 hours/day) working with preschool age children. Think Together will help in attaining Site Supervisor permit if needed for qualified candidates.)
- Must pass background check
- TB test clearance to be renewed every two years.
- Current certification in Pediatric CPR/First Aid
- Comply with immunization, background check standards and other required screenings as mandated by Human Resources
- Ability to work well with people and a sensitivity to the needs of children and families.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Excel and Word at an intermediate or advanced level.
- Ability to correctly and effectively communicate in written and oral English.
- A California Driver’s License, daily use of an automobile, and automobile liability insurance
- Must pass background check
- Bi-literate in Spanish is required.
Hours/Days : 7:45-4:15pm/ Monday-Friday
Pay-rate: Between $23.00-24.00 an hour
Think Together is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, religious creed, physical disability, mental disability, age for individuals age 40 and over, medical condition (as defined by state law (for example, cancer or genetic characteristics or HIV/AIDS), marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.