TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo. We are now looking for talented individuals to join us in 2022 – people who want to inspire creativity and co-create the future with TikTok.
Internships at TikTok aim to provide students the chance to work with our clients and teams to address key business problems and identify areas of growth for the company. With your education and experience, you will be able to take on real-world challenges from day one.
By applying to this position, your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View. This Internship Program is for 12 weeks duration beginning in May/June 2022.
Application deadline: February 15th, 2022
Candidates can apply to a maximum of two positions and will be considered for jobs in the order you apply. The application limit is firm and includes all campus jobs globally. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply early.
About the Team:
The Trust & Safety team at TikTok helps ensure that our global community is safe and empowered to create and enjoy content across all of our applications. TikTok is seeking motivated and eager interns to support teams across our Trust & Safety (TnS) organization. Opportunities are available in the following teams:
– Product & Process
– Policy/Responsible Innovation
This internship provides students the opportunity to join one of our Trust & Safety teams where you will have the opportunity to:
– Provide project management, administration, and coordination support to the team
– Provide presentation preparation and support for education and training initiatives
– Conduct communication and outreach support for events and special projects
– Design and complete an independent study project
– Collaborate with various internal and stakeholders to support TikTok’s media literacy education efforts
– Support the team in developing product features and strategies
– Research and prepare analysis of safety-related programs of other technology companies
– Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Political Science, International Relations, Digital Media Studies, Computer Science, Ethnic Studies, Business, Law, Data Science, or a related field
– Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship
– Able to commit to working for 12 weeks during Summer 2022
– Comfortable reviewing and dealing with sensitive content
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, highly self-driven and results-oriented
– Demonstrated organization and administrative skills, working in cross-functional settings with multiple teams and stakeholders; excellent relationship building and collaboration skills
– Passionate about or experience with online safety, privacy, human rights, law/ethics, or policy within the technology industry
– Additional fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, or Mandarin a plus
– Demonstrated proficiency in data analysis and SQL
– Graphic design skills a plus
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn’t be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Accommodations-AMS@tiktok.com.